CA threatening to Report for shoddy service.

erick

I had Direct-TV installed in my home about four weeks ago. It never worked. I called Direct-TV the first week it was installed and informed them it was not functional and they assured me someone would be out to fix it. I waited for about a week and no technician came to fix the problem. I then called them and told them I was going to dismantle the system and send it back. I sent it back and ordered the Dish network. On 3/28/07, I received a letter from AlliedInterstate advising that unless I send them $403.24, they would report me to the credit reporting agencies. Should I DV the CA at this point? What are my options? Any advice is appreciated.

I had Direct-TV installed in my home about four weeks ago. It never worked. I called Direct-TV the first week it was installed and informed them it was not functional and they assured me someone would be out to fix it. I waited for about a week and no technician came to fix the problem. I then called them and told them I was going to dismantle the system and send it back. I sent it back and ordered the Dish network. On 3/28/07, I received a letter from AlliedInterstate advising that unless I send them $403.24, they would report me to the credit reporting agencies. Should I DV the CA at this point? What are my options? Any advice is appreciated.

Yes DV with:

I dispute the validity of this debt.

I refuse to pay.

Send it CMRRR. Keep a copy for yourself.

Then when they receive it, see what happens next - especially after you request your CR. If they are reporting all ready (which I am assuming they are, because they are JDB's) then I would contact a consumer protection attorney in your area at www.naca.net If you'd like a personal reference, PM me.

Was the Directv unit installed by a Directv Tech?

Was it working before and it just quit?

Something doesnt sound right, I`m a satillite TV hobbest, I have Directv and also other C-band dishes. When you signed up with Directv you agreed in a 2 or 3 year "lease" contract. When you "cancel" befor the contract matures, they will bill you a "cancel contract fee".....thats is what has happened here.

Besides, you wont like dish network....I see a lot of complaints with them.....