My way out of paying an ca and getting it off my credit

determination

The method I've been using for avoiding ca is just going to the oc and telling them the collection agency told me I could pay with them and that it would be fowarded to the ca. I make sure I get a receipt then call the ca stating it was paid to the o.c and that it is going to be cancelled with them and fax them my receipt. If they mark it as paid collection, dispute with cra and send copy of receipt and it gets deleted.

I just did that with a medical collection- called the OC, who said if I paid them directly they would just tell CA it was paid. Called the CA, and got someone who despised their employer (she had her own garnishment from them so I don't think she was BSing me) who said it wouldn't matter who I paid, the OC or them- either way their contract excluded any settlement other than PIF with no reporting change.

I got the impression from the OC they sold the account, but CA said they had a contract....don't know where to go from here.

I haven't paid anyone yet, but I think I'll send a follow up letter to CA since (surprisingly) they were easier to work with, and let them know I will send full pmt after written confirmation they will delete.

I just think you have to determine if one or the other is willing to work with you. In this case, the OC acted like they didn't give a damn whether they got paid.