Judgment Questions

Hi

If my wife gets a judgement against her from past credit card debt, can the scumbag collection agency still seize "my bank account" even though her name is not on it?

Also, the house and vehicles are in my name as well so they cant touch those, correct?

The court date is on Tuesday. We did not respond to the initial summons but we can stil show up, correct?

We did not receive any "proof" with the summons either showing evidence that the debt is hers. It is her debt, but my lawyer says to go to court and most likely we will lose, but then eh said he would appeal to a higher court and request "discovery", what does that mean?

He also said he would consider filing a motion to dismiss because of the scumbags not providing any proof or debt evidence. What are the chances of that being successful?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Joel

Hi

If my wife gets a judgement against her from past credit card debt, can the scumbag collection agency still seize "my bank account" even though her name is not on it?

Also, the house and vehicles are in my name as well so they cant touch those, correct?

The court date is on Tuesday. We did not respond to the initial summons but we can stil show up, correct?

We did not receive any "proof" with the summons either showing evidence that the debt is hers. It is her debt, but my lawyer says to go to court and most likely we will lose, but then eh said he would appeal to a higher court and request "discovery", what does that mean?

He also said he would consider filing a motion to dismiss because of the scumbags not providing any proof or debt evidence. What are the chances of that being successful?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Joel

First of all, how old is the debt? Is it possible that the SOL has expired? If so, you could ask the judge to dismiss on those grounds.

As far as getting it dismissed because you weren't served, I believe that some times works, but also they can always come back and refile if it is not past the SOL.