My first Deletes...but no raise in score

jkbowen1021

I achieved my first deletes (YEA), BUT there was NO raise in my credit score. Some of the items were pretty old, but were negative items. I am confused. Why would my score NOT get raised. Thanks!!! I am trying to get my score up so that we can buy a house. We need at least a 600 across the board. But if deleating is not going to raise my score, why bother??:(

I achieved my first deletes (YEA), BUT there was NO raise in my credit score. Some of the items were pretty old, but were negative items. I am

Be patient; it doesn't necessarily happen overnight. You'll see improvment before long.

I had two deletes this week and my score did not change. I had one delete about 2 weeks ago and my score went up about 25 points. The more Negatives you delete you will see increases.

JKbowen, Rome was not built in a day. I stated at 557 last June/July and 10 negatives score today 700 and one negative. Patience, patience, patience. It will happen. Keep getting those deletes. Do you have any negatives that is paid? maybe you can try goodwill letter.

everything on my report is negative. My dH and I have not made much money in the past couple of years..actually living at poverty level. I have tried PFD and one company told me to go and pound salt. I tried settlement, they said they would lower it $17.00. I actually owe them about 1500.00. I filed for Bankruptcy in 2000, and went downhill from there. How do they expect you to pay for all this, when you don't have enough money to survive. Capital One filed suit against me and won of course. Tried to set up payment arrangements and the attorney told me that I need to get a better job that pays more money......he said he was going to file for garnishment...talk about screwed!!!!! I appreciate everyones response...i really like this site, and it gives me a little bit of hope.

jkbowen...

Read through the sicky thread "success stories", near the top of the forum page. It will inspire you and keep you plugging along. From what I hear from all the people here is that it takes a while. Its a marathon, not a sprint. I know you dont really like waiting and I dont either...but unfortunately we have to.

Goodluck with everythin,g i'll pray for you.

jkbowen...

Read through the sicky thread "success stories", near the top of the forum page. It will inspire you and keep you plugging along. From what I hear from all the people here is that it takes a while. Its a marathon, not a sprint. I know you dont really like waiting and I dont either...but unfortunately we have to.

Goodluck with everythin,g i'll pray for you.

Thank you...i could use all the prayers I can get right now. I know it is a long battle, and I know that it is not an easy, but hopefully, some good will come of it.

I guess I would have one other question. Why is it that on truecredit. my scores say one thing. But on Freecreditreport.com, they are much higher than what truecredit states. For instance, my ex cr states on truecredit that I have a 496 and on freecreditreport.com is states that I have a 575... can anyone explain this. Thanks everyone!!!!

Have you updated your TrueCredit report? It took me a couple days to figure out that a credit alert does not mean your report was automatically updated. lol. You have to manually update it yourself.

Not trying to insult your intelligence, just thought I'd share my experience with you!

I guess I would have one other question. Why is it that on truecredit. my scores say one thing. But on Freecreditreport.com, they are much higher than what truecredit states. For instance, my ex cr states on truecredit that I have a 496 and on freecreditreport.com is states that I have a 575... can anyone explain this. Thanks everyone!!!!

And its quite likely that your score from myfico.com would be totally different even still. How they arrive at their numbers is a mystery to everyone.

Everyone, (Truecredit, freecreditreport.com, privacyguard, citicreditmonitoring, mycreditkeeper, and the list goes on ) use their own formular to calculate your credit score.

With that being said, all the different sources come up with a different score. The only score that you need to look at is the score at Myfico.com the others mean nothing.

Since everything on your report is negative you need to get some positive trade lines, even one card that reports to all three agencies and that will help your score.

Keep at it; it eventually pays off.

chilton1

does Myfico.com supply scores from all 3 cra's..or just equifax? I have enrolled in TrueCredit, but it seems that everyone is using myfico.com.

I do have some +tl. My old boss put me as an authorized user on her cc. she has very high limits....her amex has a 25000.00 and she pays it off every month. I know that has helped my score somewhat. Maybe I will talk to my grandma and see if she will do one for me also. Anything that will help. I really do appreciate everyones input. This website is a great help and a great hope booster.

keep the truecredit monitoring. It monitors all three and you can get a report every 24 hours. If you have inquires on eqifax try to bump them off.

You can buy all three reports at myfico.com but every time you want a new report u have to pay the piper. They monitor only equifax.

Yes, having your self added as an authorized user will help your score some more.