Authorized users and mortgage scoring

WorkingOnIt

How do mortgage lenders view AUs? I know that FICO calculates the credit history into your own (weighted at whatever percentage). Do mortgage lenders use the same type of model? It seems to me that if I was the scrutinous lender, I would tend to disregard AU TLs and focus instead on the individual's credit history.

I'm asking because my father has a long and exceptional credit history with several cc companies and I've considered asking him to add me as an AU before I begin applying for mortgages.

As long as a relative or close friend is putting you on their credit as an Authorized User lenders don't mind. There have been a rash of companies "sell this service" and that is being cracked down on.

What may happen at some point in time is that the lender may ask what relationship there is between the two parties, but not a worry now.

Charles