Chase Settlement (finally) Need help on how to negotiate it

InsideTexas

CA collecting for Chase sent me a letter saying the OC has contacted us saying you are eligible to receive 30% off the owed debt.

Creditors Financial are the morons I'm dealing with. Before I call, I wanted to double check what I need to say. Debt is on CR for $1580 ish. That means what they get is still about $1100. $600 over what the credit line was.

What's the BEST way to go about negotiating for say only 30% of the TOTAL debt, not just 30% off? I'm a horrible negotiator. I'm thinking ask for 30% PFD?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I definetely wouldn't talk to them over the phone I would suggest sending the counter offer by mail. How old is the debt?

If you really want to settle it then make sure that the settlement cancels out any remaining debt as they would just turn around and send that amount to yet another CA to collect. Also would try to get the account if not completely deleted reported in the most favorable way possible.

I'm sure there are some other things you should do there are others here that are alot smarter than me