Judgement re-entered by CA

dacooley

I have a question. I had a judgement against me in 1997. I was notified AFTER the company appeared in court in their home state (Utah) so I was never given a chance to dispute the bill (Which I disputed to the OC before they filed the judgement).

It was inserted by the CRA's, and I disputed it. I was basically told "too bad" by the Utah court and it was returned to it's original status. Last year, 9 years after it was filed, it was turned over to a CA. The original entry from the Utah court is now gone off my CR's, but now there is a new entry from the CA, for the judgement PLUS interest and legal fees that shows an opening date of 2006. Until last year, it had NEVER been sent to a CA.

Is this legal, and if not, what can I do to remove this?

Thanks,

Dave

DV the CA. What does the Date of 1st Delinquency say? You may have to look at your EQ report. Don't worry about the 'Date Opened', that date is not used to calculate the 7 year reporting period.

Speaking of the reporting period, it appears this has run since the entry from the court is gone from your reports.

The first thing to do is to get the address for the CA from your report and DV them.

________

Volcano vaporizers

Edited by kevin3344

"...original entry from the Utah court is now gone..."

This entry should have appeared in the 'Public Records' portion of your CR.

"...new entry from the CA..."

Is this entry in the PR section? Or, does it look like a TL?

Check your state's laws and see if a judgment can be renewed. If this is a TL only, disputing based on expiration of Reporting Period should be a quick fix. IF the judgment has been legally renewed, it can report (in the PR section) for another 7 years.

• 3 months later...
"...original entry from the Utah court is now gone..."

This entry should have appeared in the 'Public Records' portion of your CR.

"...new entry from the CA..."

Is this entry in the PR section? Or, does it look like a TL?

Check your state's laws and see if a judgment can be renewed. If this is a TL only, disputing based on expiration of Reporting Period should be a quick fix. IF the judgment has been legally renewed, it can report (in the PR section) for another 7 years.

In 97 it was entered into the Public records section, and in 2000 was entered into the collections section as well...

All of the collections on this were removed when I submitted a DV to the CRA's.

This morning I get a call from the CA telling me I owe them 4800.00 and they are petitioning the courts to re-enter the judgement on my credit report... Lady was NASTY and rude and said she is forwarding it to her legal department... I again asked for a WRITTEN copy of proof of the judgement and debt and she REFUSED.

"...petitioning the courts to re-enter the judgement on my credit report..."

How funny is that? Fricking hysterical, that's how funny.

Courts don't enter information on CR's. Public Records (from courthouse locations) are trolled; data is found, or not, and input into secondary CRA's and consumer files at the Big 3. It has nothing to do with what a CA wants or petitions. No one REPORTS Public Records.

"...NASTY and rude..."

One of the reasons it's best to deal with CA's in writing.