Just a joke but seems to be so much in the topic

vali1961

Note - ANZ is Australia's second largest bank

Subject: Note to self: cancel credit cards before death

Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die!

This is so priceless and so easy to see happening, customer service, being what it is today.

A lady died this past January, and ANZ bank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00, now is somewhere around $60.00.

A family member placed a call to ANZ:

Family Member: "I am calling to tell you that she died in January."

ANZ: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply."

Family Member: "Maybe, you should turn it over to collections."

ANZ: "Since it is two months past due, it already has been."

Family Member: "So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?"

ANZ: "Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!"

Family Member: "Do you think God will be mad at her?"

ANZ: "Excuse me?"

Family Member: "Did you just get what I was telling you . . . the part about her being dead?"

ANZ: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor."

Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member:"I'm calling to tell you, she died in January."

ANZ: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply."

Family Member: "You mean you want to collect from her estate?"

ANZ: (Stammer) "Are you her lawyer?"

Family Member: "No, I'm her great nephew."

(Lawyer info given)

ANZ: "Could you fax us a certificate of death?"

Family Member: "Sure."

(fax number is given)

After they get the fax:

ANZ: "Our system just isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I can do to help."

Family Member: "Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. I don't think she will care."

ANZ: "Well, the late fees and charges do still apply."

Family Member: "Would you like her new billing address?"

ANZ: "That might help."

Family Member: "Rookwood Memorial Cemetery, 1249 Centenary Rd, Sydney - Plot Number 69."

ANZ: "Sir, that's a cemetery!"

Family Member: "What do you do with dead people on your planet?"

Reminds me of the collection notices that the hospital keeps sending my mother for the amublance...she passed away January of 2006. Hello, she died at your hospital! Bill her insurance for the money...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is exactly why it so damn funny! This particular incident may be a hoax, but you can so see it happening!

First off, Semper FI, lyle7289!

Yes, this is still a good laugh. My mother passed in '03 and a CA in Jersey sent a letter saying they were sorry to hear she had passed, then asked for payment on her Discover Card. Mind you, her Discover was PIF in January, 1999, when my sister, who signed the checks, paid if off. I did have some fun with it. I called them as it looked like an easy fix. Wrong! The idiot I ended up with asked me to pay (my name is not on it), then threatened to go after her estate. That is when I laughed in his ear. To avoid all of us getting stuck with anything, we liquidated all of her things, and placed her on Medical, along with her Medicare. All we had to do after that was cash her SS check, hold onto $35 for "things", and send the rest to the place she was at. After all of us got married and left home, she ended up living in the Carpenter's (Richard & Karen) apartment complex as the manager was an old school chum. She didn't want any more than she had to, so sold the home and had a ball. Worked until she was 81.

RETired MARine

VN-68/69-1stMARDIV

Retired due to too many bullet and shrapnel wounds.