who to hire for help

mmmwww

Hi!

I just found this site and I'm glad I did! After reading a bunch I'm wondering how I could hire someone to handle all of the work. I'm not really talking about a counselor. I'm really looking for someone do all of the actions required to get my debts settled and off my credit report.

Is there a name for someone like this who is an expert at all this stuff?

mmmwww

you can, an attorney, but for what they charge you'd have to get that second job.

anyone else doing it for you is illegal

At least I would have greater confidence that things were being done correctly if I used a lawyer.

What type of lawyer do I want to look for?

mmmwww

Maybe its true that only attorneys can do the 'act' of credit repair, but what about professional organizations that can do the work for you, on your behalf? I recently have contracted with an organization that I am very happy with. I am active in every decision and action and all disputes and letters come directly to me. They are just doing the work. How is this unlawful?

mmmwww, check your private message.

Repairing your credit is like tying your shoes....

it's easy once you know how.

You wouldn't hire someone to tie your shoes and

you shouldn't hire anyone to repair your credit?

(if you watch kids trying to tie their shoes, they think it's soooo

difficult, but once they know how, it's easy)

Just read the book "Good Credit is Sexy" (orange link at top of this page)

and then ask us questions...

Simple.

Besides, if you repair your own credit,

you have a new appreciation for your credit

and will be less likely to have it happen again.

And here's a really big reason NOT to hire someone...per the FCRA, you relinquish a large portion of your rights to dispute inaccurate information on your credit reports.

(8) ABILITY OF CONSUMER TO DISPUTE INFORMATION DIRECTLY WITH FURNISHER-

G) EXCLUSION OF CREDIT REPAIR ORGANIZATIONS- This paragraph shall not apply if the notice of the dispute is submitted by, is prepared on behalf of the consumer by, or is submitted on a form supplied to the consumer by, a credit repair organization, as defined in section 403(3), or an entity that would be a credit repair organization, but for section 403(3)(B)(i).

The CROA makes it illegal for anyone to accept money in exchange for repairing your credit, with very few exceptions- mainly attorneys.

Even the ones who can legally do it are ripping you off. They will write a few disputes, get the easy deletes, and stop when it starts to get difficult. You are then left to deal with the tough ones, but you do not have the experience and knowledge that you would have gained through handling the easier ones yourself. It will be that much harder for you to beat the tough ones.

I also strongly advise against settling. That does not help your credit. It seems like the easy way out, and many people are so intimidated by the prospect of clearing their own credit, that they want to try and buy good credit.

It just isn't that easy.

In a way, I wouldn't mind if they got judgements against me. At least then I would know that the matter was resolved. The way it is now, I don't even know if I'm sending the money to the right place. Yes, I read about "debt validation". Thats the type of stuff I was hoping it was possible to hire someone to do.

In a way, I wouldn't mind if they got judgements against me.

Once they do, then they can start grabbing your bank accounts, garnishing your wages, putting leins on your real property...lots of nasty stuff.

And, the problem with hiring a debt fixer is you STILL might wind up with judgements....