EX and TU score went up 70 points!!!

JuniorNY

I disputed a couple things online and one item that was $3,000 seems to have disappeared and my Experian and Transunion went up 70 points my Equifax stayed the same though. My eyes almost came out of my head when I saw that this afternoon. Went from a 570 to 674.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but it went up 104 points!! That's even better. Congrats. Now put your eyes back in your head, that's gross. Later.

:cool: It was 74 to be exact, it went up to a 644 not 674...Too much excitement I guess...

One of my TL's I disputed and it came back verified, but I really have no knowledge of this account. After speaking to my father today, he told me it's actually his account, on his CR but it somehow spilled over to mine as we have the same name. I try to add the suffix Jr. to everything dealing with me, but it always gets ignored. I'm still trying to decide the best course of action to get this off.

One of my TL's I disputed and it came back verified, but I really have no knowledge of this account. After speaking to my father today, he told me it's actually his account, on his CR but it somehow spilled over to mine as we have the same name. I try to add the suffix Jr. to everything dealing with me, but it always gets ignored. I'm still trying to decide the best course of action to get this off.

Good luck with that one. A couple of years ago, I was fighting one on my dh CR. It said he brought a house when he was 18 months old. Kept coming back verified. I had to get an attorney involved to get it removed. I also had to send them his BC, DL, and SS# to prove it wasn't his. Took me about 5 years to get it off. It was actually his fathers account. When my son was born, he wanted to name him the III but I said "you want your son to go through what you went through with the CRA?" So we didn't name him the III. It was a real pain the A**. Keep us updated as to your progress.

I, too, have the same name as my father and have some of his accounts on my credit report, especially TU. I have literally a half dozen of them on TU. Luckily, they are all anywhere from 5-30 years old with no lates and they are helping my score out quite a bit as the rest of my credit is very recent. Needless to say, I won't be disputing anytime soon.