Question: Recieved collection letters.

OOCally77

Hello all,

I recieved the first letter last months Stating the usual for a cell phone bill from 1998. And then recieved a second from another CA for another cell phone bill also in 1998. I looked at my Credit report to check validity of the accounts and notice that the second CA had done an inquire on my Credit.

Also niether of the accounts show on my report.

Questions:

1. I called both to check on what the collection was for. Was that bad? and can they use that as concent/ agreement credit is vallid. Never stated I would pay. Just told them I was going to look into it.

2. Can a CA pull a credit report without concent.

3. Has SOL taken effect? Illinois is state of purchase, currently live in Pa.

4. Should I request proof or let it go and not pay?

Any help would be greatly appretiated.

Thank You

OOCALLY :)

The SOL for collections starts the month of first delinquency. Check your states SOL.

Send the simple "I dispute this debt." CMRRR DV letter and watch your reports to see if they violate in any way.

If you'd rather not ever have to fool wth them at all, mention the SOL in the letter.

Also when I talked to the CA , and asked what this collection was for they said they purchased in 2004 but i didn't recieve the letter till last month and they applied intrest from date of purchase. Thats when I said I would be contacting the BBB and research further. THiss was they same company that pulled a CR. (I think they can do that for Address?)

I am not going to the BBB just told the CA that (ewwww the CA got nasty after I said that and Hung up on me).

Tomarrow I am sending out the Validity letters to:

Vital Recovery Services, LLC (this one may be close to the 30day mark)

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC (this one will be only 10 days after I recieved there letter)

I will post status of my poccess here so other ppl can kinda know what to expect from these two.....

Quit talking to the CA on the phone.

Call the OC and see if they have those records, if they don't, you could dispute the DOFD directly with the CRA's, and include what you say the DOFD was, and they will probably just use that if they can't get that infor from the OC.

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice received ####, 2007. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

* What the money you say I owe is for

* Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe

* Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe

* Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable

* Identify the original creditor

* Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account

* Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state

* Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

REQUEST FOR CEASE AND DESIST OF CONTACT BY YOUR OFFICE: I would also like to request, in writing, no further contact, either in writing or telephone be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment, unless it is to provide validation or release of liability of the debt.

Respectfully,

I looked at my Credit report to check validity of the accounts

Are these accounts (the OC's) still on your CR? If they are, are they still reporting the negative information? Are the CA's on your CR? Because these accounts are not only out of SOL, but time-barred from reporting. It's been 9 years. Dispute with the CRA's and send the CA's a FOAD/Delete your TL or I sue letter. The fact that they opened the account in 04 has nothing to do with it. All dates are derived from the OC and 1998 was a long time ago. FCRA states:

© Running of Reporting Period

(1) In general. The 7-year period referred to in paragraphs (4) and (6)

3 of subsection

(a) shall begin, with respect to any delinquent account that is placed for collection

(internally or by referral to a third party, whichever is earlier), charged to profit and

loss, or subjected to any similar action, upon the expiration of the 180-day period

beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately

preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action.