Unpaid Charge off sent to lawyer CA

makia1212

If all 5 accounts have been charged off, I wouldnt pay them.....if one of the creditors do sue, you can always negotiate a settlement then , before going to court.

The original creditor has "charged off", the accounts......they are out of the picture....junk debt buyers have the accounts now and paying them is paying THIER bills...........

If any settlements are made...GET IT IN WRITTING before you pay the first nickel......DO NOT TALK to ANY CA on the phone...........DO NOT give them bank account info......if you do pay them.....do it with money orders....if the CA says no.....DONT PAY THEM...most want the "over the phone" check....DONT DO IT....if they wont accept money orders...get it in writting that they dont accept them....let them tell a Judge that they dont accept certified funds......

How do I know I am about to be sued? Or do they just start the process. Should I dispute these as not mine on my report, or never late (to the original Cap one and Chase) and hope they drop off? About one more year and the SOL is up on most except the Col Coll that I paid the 500. Thanks

You will be served papers by your local sheriff if you are being sued. If you do get served , awnser the suit.

Col Coll is probably using a scare tactic to get you to pay...."were going to sue you", trick. Send them a DV letter with a C&D.....and wait them out....DONT TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE....HANG UP ON THEM

I would not bother with the other accounts if they are not communicating with you....no since in getting their attention.

Most CA`s will do "soft" inquiries to your CR to see if they can "get anything" out of you.