Remove Authorized Users During Application Process

penman

I am in the process of helping my sister refinance a mortgage loan. She is approved

for a mortgage loan but I want to remove her from my credit cards (2) as an authorized user. My utilization is too high which is hurting our credit scores. The cards are relatively new- each about a year old.

As I understand it the only way to have these tradelines removed from her credit report is to have her report them as “not mine”. Is that correct? Also, if she disputes them today would that hurt the refinance of her loan, which is scheduled to close in the next two weeks. Thanks for your help

Penman

My suggestion for everyone-always-is to not do anything that in anyway has anything to do with their financial situation. Especially to do something like this before her loan closes. They can pull her credit the day that they draw the documents if they so choose.

Hope you can hold out for a few more weeks.

Charles