Legally whats my next step??

I was wondering if any of you legal minds know if this is a violation on behalf of the CA?????????? And if so what my next step should be.

Heres my situation:

On April 7th I disputed some unpaid CA accounts with the three CRA"s

By April 9th Midland Credit Mngmt. came back verified with Experian. (I haven't received an outcome yet from EQ or TU on them yet)

On April 18th I received a letter from Midland Credit Mgmnt dated 4/9/07 stating the following:

The purpose of this letter is to request your assistance so that we may reach a quick resolution to your dispute.

We are attempting to verify your dispute and it would be helpful to have a copy of any documentation you may have that substantiates your dispute. In the interim, we have requested that the three major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to "Disputed"*

Please mail or fax cancelled checks, paid letters, police reports toxxx-xxx-xxxx

I should also mention that I have NEVER DV'd midland I only disputed with the CRA's

What if anything should I do with this? According to my Experian CR they already verified the account with them.

In the interim, we have requested that the three major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to "Disputed"*

Quote above is part of the letter Midland sent to me.

So I wanted to also note that currently Equifax (the only CR i have access to right now) is NOT showing this item as listed "in dispute" Its listed as updated and verified!!