Credit Counseling is affecting my auto loan process

Hi all,

I am new here as you can see, I have a question and sorry if I post this in the wrong area. I am trying to purchase a car and the bank that I am trying to get the loan from is saying that I have Credit Counseling on my report. Now I was apart of a Credit Counseling company that made my credit worse and I cancelled them over 4 years ago. When I pulled my report I do not see that I have this on my credit report, what should I do? Worried this will mess me up when I apply for a home loan next year. :?

Please read all stickies in all the forums as best you can. You can gain much info just by doing that.

Other than that, perhaps you should get all 3 of your credit reports (experian, equifax and transunion) and comb them over. Then dispute any incorrect information. When you get the reports, it will tell you how to dispute.

If you see something on there that says you had credit counseling, perhaps you could dispute that and have it possibly removed.

Please read all stickies in all the forums as best you can. You can gain much info just by doing that.

Other than that, perhaps you should get all 3 of your credit reports (experian, equifax and transunion) and comb them over. Then dispute any incorrect information. When you get the reports, it will tell you how to dispute.

If you see something on there that says you had credit counseling, perhaps you could dispute that and have it possibly removed.

Thanks, I will take a look