Reaged letter for Palisade needed//

serenity06

Do anyone have a sample letter for me to write Palisades because they have reaged a debt and put back onto my credit report? I have filed a complaint with FTC and I am disputing it with Experian. What I want to do is write them a letter demanding them to take it off my credit report or I will sue... Please someone help me..

This is one I wrote recently, but I give no warranty as to it's effectiveness:

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit reports, compared them to past credit reports, and lo and behold, I have discovered that you have illegally re-aged the debt that you allege is mine.

You are fully aware of the law I’m sure. I’m referring specifically to the Fair Credit Reporting Act § 605, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act § 807, and the Texas Finance Code. You have to use the first date of delinquency of the original creditor when reporting to the credit reporting agencies; you cannot attempt to illegally “re-age” a debt. However, it is clear you have done so.

You claim the original creditor is Original Creditor, account number XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX . Interestingly enough, this creditor claims the alleged debt has a date of original delinquency of September 2000 – as proved by my documentation from all three of the major credit bureaus. How, then, did you magically come up with the date of January 2001?

Trying to squeeze a few more months reporting out of your unconscionable collection activity?

The original debt is no longer being reported, by law your debt should not be on my report either, whether or not you claim it is mine.

I demand you remove all mentions of this account from all three of the credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) immediately or my next communication to you will be notice of filing a lawsuit.

You have 15 days from the receipt of this letter to respond.

You will want to remove the mention of the Texas Finance Code if you aren't in Texas, of course. Change dates, etc.