Help, like right now please! Gotta question!

simplysilky

Is letting a collection "fall off" better than paying for the item and having it deleted? Will my score jump just a tad?

Asset Acceptance:

Date assigned: 10/05

Reported: 3/07

$95 owed

Scheduled to be removed: 6/07

Another thing: why is it scheduled to fall of within 2 years?? Not complaining though!

And....should I dispute everything from the 3 reports at one time? I'm doing the disputes online...

Removal or delete should be have the same effect on your score.

The removal date is 7 or 7 1/2 yrs from the DOFMD. It has nothing to do with the Date Assigned or the Date Opened. I don't know the SOL for you, but it appears that this collection is nearly 7 yrs old.

Let that item "fall off".

You've only got 2 months left

If you pay- unless you get a PFD- you will tank your scores.

As far as the 2 years -It only states the collection was assigned in 05.

DOFD determines the "fall off" date

I would state that this is my opinion and I'm sure other's can address it better than I can. However, having it fall off would be better than paying the account. I can not address your question about raising your score.

To address your question about the account only staying on your report for two years. Chances are that this account was purchased by Asset Acceptance, however it was probably originally from an original creditor who you last paid in 06/00. Seven years from the date of last payment would be when the account falls off your credit report.

Again only my opinions, since no one has yet responded to your question.

DON'T TOUCH THAT ACCOUNT! The reason it "falls off" in two years is because NONE of those dates have anything to do with the reporting period!

The FCRA states it's the "date of 1st delinquency", not assigned, reported, or any other date the CRAs show you. The 'Scheduled to be removed 6/07' entry means the real DOFD was sometime in '00.

EQ is the only one that shows it online. You will have to call the other CRAs directly and ask them for it.

Take a look at this link that explains the reporting period. See Reporting Delinquencies -- Section 623(a)(5)

http://law.freeadvice.com/resources/gov_material/ftc_credit_information_providers_10_97.htm

EQ is the only one that shows it online. You will have to call the other CRAs directly and ask them for it.

Kevin3344, I noticed that EX and TU didn't who these dates. Do you know is there any way at all to get these reports from EX and TU that would actually show these dates. Like ordering hard copies from them.

Thanks!

Asset Acceptance:

Date assigned: 10/05

Reported: 3/07

$95 owed

Scheduled to be removed: 6/07

DO NOT DISPUTE THIS ACCOUNT!!!!! ASSet will re-age it. Guaranteed. It just happened to me. Same month and year for removal and now it's changed to DEC 2010!! Now I'm stuck fighting to get this corrected. PLEASE leave it be until June.

How can I dispute online with Experian and Equifax?

If you're not interested w/suing them you can call them. Do you have TC? If you do, they have a link at the top-right of your report that will link you to the CRA's online dispute section. What state are you in? The reason I ask is because if you are in the mid-west, the EQ report is handled by CSC Credit Services.

HI,

I live in Georgia. I just realized that I can dispute online with Trans and Equifax, but not with Experian. I called them to say I was denied for credit so I can get a free report but they said they couldn't process it and I would have to mail them!! I DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF TIME! So, I'm just gonna dispute with Equifax and Trans for now. I'm disputing only a few that may be scheduled to fall of in 2010

So, you don't have a TrueCredit monitoring service or anything? If not, you really should consider that. It's $11.21 through Walmart. I'm sure you've probably heard that before though, huh? If not, the link is https://www.truecredit.com/products/optimizedOrder.jsp?versionID=0&package=TriBureauCMU&formName=freeTriBureauCMUChoice&cb=WalMart

If you don't need it after a month or two, cancel it.

Actually the hard copies will show you the 'this item to be removed on XXXX date' but they still don't show the actual DOFD. I would rather they show it than compute the removal date. Anyone can do that once they have the DOFD.

Kevin3344...Was just re-overlooking my online CRA copies and noticed TU has an "estimated date that this item will be removed" and EX has "this account is scheduled to continue on record until".

EQ has "date of last payment", "date major delinquency first reported" (not occurred) and "date of last activity".

Of course on the majority of my TLs date of last payments are wrong and actually showing the same date as the "date reported".

The "date major delinquency first reported" are totally BLANK...

AND...out of 27 all but 4 show "date of last activity" as n/a ??? SO...what good does it do to have the info line there if the CRAs don't require that they supply that info???

I do totally agree, it would be GREAT if they ALL were REQUIRED to give the DOFD in order to report a TL!!! Of course, That would be asking way to much honesty though

I need a Report Number that is supposed to be on the front page of the report, but I don't have it. I got my reports through myfico.com

Simplysilky...I got my EX report online through annualcreditreports.com you can get all 3 separately. On EX report there is a report # and report date at the beginning of the report.

I do totally agree, it would be GREAT if they ALL were REQUIRED to give the DOFD in order to report a TL!!! Of course, That would be asking way to much honesty though

I may be wrong but I "thought" I read somewhere where the CA's are required to report the DOFD within 90 days. Unfortunately right now I'm drawing a blank. :(

So, you don't have a TrueCredit monitoring service or anything? If not, you really should consider that. It's $11.21 through Walmart. I'm sure you've probably heard that before though, huh? If not, the link is https://www.truecredit.com/products/optimizedOrder.jsp?versionID=0&package=TriBureauCMU&formName=freeTriBureauCMUChoice&cb=WalMart

If you don't need it after a month or two, cancel it.

MadinKS,

Can I dispute all reports through TC?

You can dispute w/TU and EX online. If you want to dispute w/EQ, it depends on if you are serviced by EQ directly or if CSC Credit services your EQ account. You can find that out by going here and typing your zip code into the box in the middle of the page.

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/sitepage.ehtml?forward=online_dispute

If you want to try your first round of disputes online that fine, but you really should read this sticky about why you should do all your disputes by mail.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263996

You can dispute w/TU and EX online. If you want to dispute w/EQ, it depends on if you are serviced by EQ directly or if CSC Credit services your EQ account. You can find that out by going here and typing your zip code into the box in the middle of the page.

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/sitepage.ehtml?forward=online_dispute

If you want to try your first round of disputes online that fine, but you really should read this sticky about why you should do all your disputes by mail.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263996

Yes, I know I can dispute them online...my problem is that since I got the reports from myfico dot com, there are no report numbers on the front page of the reports to use for disputes.