Best way to get charge/off off my report

TSorad

I would like to get this off my report. I have disputed it with all 3 reports like 5 times at least and comes back verified. I settled this, but it still says charge-off. Though it does say paid it still says charge off in the current status.

Anything I can do? I'm disputing now but I'm sure it will come back verfied again.

PO Box 85520

Internal Zip 12030-163

Richmond, VA 232855520

Account Number: 438864174085XXXX Current Status: CHARGE-OFF

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit: $1,368

Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $0

Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due every month)

Date Opened: 06/2000 Balance: $0

Date Reported: 02/2007 Amount Past Due: $0

Date of Last Payment: 03/2005 Actual Payment Amount: $0

Scheduled Payment Amount: $0 Date of Last Activity: 10/2001

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: Months Reviewed: n/a

Creditor Classification: Activity Description: Paid

Charge Off Amount: $0 Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: $0 Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: 04/2002 Type of Loan: Credit Card

Comments: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress

hi thanks for the links, yes I have read the primer. I don't see where it says sending mov's to the CRA. The primer talks about sending letters to the ca, which there isn't one.

This is a paid (settle) charge off through capital one.

Is there a letter I can send asking them to verify the debt, is it just the standard dv letter? I can use that even though the debt has been paid (settled charge off)?

I also have a charge off from victoria's secret and they are reporting it 180 days late every month for the last 2-3 years, but they haven't sent me a letter or anything. Can I send them a dv letter also? Way past the SOL, want to get it removed also along with Capital One account.

PO Box 182128

Columbus, OH 432182128

Account Number: 86527XXXX Current Status: CHARGE-OFF

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit: $0

Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $0

Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due every month)

Date Opened: 12/1999 Balance: $383

Date Reported: 02/2007 Amount Past Due: $0

Date of Last Payment: 02/2002 Actual Payment Amount: $20

Scheduled Payment Amount: $15 Date of Last Activity: 10/2001

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: Months Reviewed: 40

Creditor Classification: Activity Description: n/a

Charge Off Amount: $383 Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: $0 Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: 05/2002 Type of Loan: Charge Account

Comments: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress

81-Month Payment HistoryYear Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2007 180

2006 180 180 180 180 180 180 180 180 180 180 180 180

2005 * 120 180 180 180 180 180 180 180 180 180 180

2004 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2003 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2002 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2001 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2000 * * * * * * * *

Payment History KEY

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever find the answer you were looking for?

I tried a GW letter, but they regretfully denied my request.

I'm thinking I'm going to send them a Doctrine of Estoppel now, but that might not work considering the success rates people have had.

Maybe, someone with more success can chime in on this.

1. Send a letter to them and get your complete payment history from them showing your payment history.

2. Find the date your account first went deliquent prior to the charge off date, not the date of last activity.

3. Once you get the records look for the key dates then dispute, most likely they are wrong when it was charged off. If you have the records and it shows they are wrong and they come back verified, you got em!

Good Luck!

I am in the process of trying something unique with Capital One. I wrote a letter admitting the two accounts were mine but that I never intended to let them go and not pay. I offered to accept the balances owed and pay them immediately if they would re-issue the cards to me and remove the CO status and the late payments status. I tried everything else with Capital one and nothing worked. I will let you know if this works. I explained that I would only agree to this if they put it all in writing first on Cap 1 letterhead.

Again, Im not against living up to your responsibility on your accounts, but never admit to anything in the begining of your credit repair process.

Whatever you say to the creditor, they will keep a record of it, just like you are keeping records of your letters sent. Once you say it's yours, then you are stuck with it.

Creditors and credit bureaus play dirty games and are NOT on the up and up! So don't give them anything to use against you, period.

Both of the CAP 1 accounts are mine. I have spent too much time and money screwing around with them to try and get them deleted. I figure this is a last ditch effort at some LUV from their CEO.

td,

I'd like to know your progress because I'm at the end of my rope with them too. I'm in the process of trying a PFD letter, because the account has been settled already.