Responsibility: Individual

Condition: Derogatory

Original Balance: $149

Balance: $149

Date Opened: 04/30/2003

Date Reported: 04/16/2007

Remarks:

[TransUnion] Dispute resolved; customer disagrees

I couldn't match up these 2 accounts with my records so I disputed them with TU and also the CA

The OC called me last week and explained that this was from a doctors office and that they had filed on my insurance back then several times and it came back denied (which I never knew that insurance hadn't paid) The OC said they would send me info on this

I recieved the info it was for 2 office visits with the same doctor. On the print out pages that detail these office visits the same account number is listed for both. They also included this letter on thier letterhead (the OC's letterhead, this was sent to me directly from the OC not CA)

April 14, 2007

My Name

My Address

Account Number: 035886

Name Of Patient: My name

Name Of Doctor: Dr. GrouchyPants

Balance To Date: $393.00

Dear Myname:

The above referenced account had an outstanding balance and is listed for collections at Diversified Credit Systems. In addition, I have enclosed the insurance information for your convenience. Therefore, please mail the balance to the address below or call me with any questions. Note that payment over the phone is an option for your convenience. Thank you for your cooperation.

My question is can the CA seperate the office visits and list them as 2 different accounts on my CR when the OC's office has provided proof that infact this is 1 account that only has 1 account number??? Is that legal ??

If its not right for them to do this should I dispute again with TU and send them a copy of the letter the OC sent me that shows this is 1 account??

The dispute with the TU is pending, since there is nothing to do while they investigate but wait I got bored

So I decided to dig into these charges more using the sheet the OC supplied that told all my insurance info I called my old insurance company.

For the date of service my insurance company shows no claim submitted by this provider these charges were the result of a surgery and numerous other claims by other providers for that date were submitted and paid.

This was a ppo plan we were on so is my understanding that if it is ppo they are responsible for the timely filing of claims?? The OC says that they submitted and it came back patient not covered ..... hmm wonder how all the other providers got paid if I wasn't covered??

I'm thinking they screwed up when filing and transposed something and it was filed to the wrong persons insurance and then denied

Any suggestions on what I should do next or other ways I can investigate this?? The OC's office is being a big pain in the rear now and I would definetly like to tell them to pound sand but I know I gotta have all my ducks in a row 1st

For the date of service my insurance company shows no claim submitted by this provider these charges were the result of a surgery and numerous other claims by other providers for that date were submitted and paid.

I would be jumpin' in the provider's A$$. Tell them that they are responsible for filing the claim before sending you to collections. Tell them if they don't file the claim, they have no right to collect. How many times do they claim to have filed it, cause once ain't enough. Sometimes crap happens, especially w/computers. I would go to the DR's office and get right up in their face. It's a lot harder for them to wiggle out if you're in their office.

I now live 5 hours from this Dr office so I cant go :(

what they sent me is a printout from their computer screen that states bluechoice/ppo then another line says aob reject code

it doesn't tell exactly what insurance was filed and since it was not actually filed with my insurance i've never seen an EOB when I asked her if they had an actual EOB she said she didn't have to provide me with one

according to the printouts she sent my insurance was supposedly filed twice for each of the 2 charges so would have been a total of 4 times none of which bcbs has a record of even though bcbs has several other claims from other providers for the same dates of service that were paid

This woman is extremely snotty with me switching from blaming me to blaming the insurance comp grrrrrrrr *** pounds head on desk***

I may be a little more aggressive, but 5 hours is worth gettin' snotty right back and restoring my credit. I would drive 5 hours for only the satisfaction of gettin' in their face and telling them how I felt. That's just me though. Is there someone else you can talk to? A manager or something? Someone that you can actually talk to and they will listen?

This afternoon I spoke to another rep at BC/BS insurance comp. this lady was very helpful and really knew the system she again researched the dates of medical service and no claim was submitted by DCOL (the provider now trying to collect)

I explained to her everything that I knew....yes the doc performed the surgery and I saw her again on the 30th of that month for followup no one ever said a word about my insurance nor did I ever recieve a bill from them. I also never recieved an EOB from BC/BS so I had no idea that this had never gotten paid or that the claim wasn't done properly. The only info I had about this claim was the screenprints this woman from DCOL sent me last week.

So she said let me call them and do some research and I'll call ya back, shortly after I got home from picking up kids she called back. She spoke to someone in the billing department and that woman told her they dont have the claim reference numbers that would prove timely filing. She also stated that the only paper she has showed they 1st filed by paper to an insurance that wasn't mine but that they had corrected that and submitted it electronically. But that on neither submission do they have the claim reference number they would have gotten from the insurance company that verifies the insurance recieved the claim. This woman then began to tell the BC/BS rep that I was responsible for the full charges since I hadn't filed the claims...........ummmm it was a PPO provider they are under contract to file the claims.

So since the provider was being a pain in the rear to her the bc/bs rep told me that she was sending this in to their special inquiry team and they would send a rep to DCOL to physically look at all their records concerning this account and she told me that she didn't think their screenprints would stand in court if they tried to sue me as they are in no way proof of timely filing.

Now I'm wondering since that ball is rolling good if I should start in on the stupid CA who is reporting this. It is a bill for $393 with one account number but the CA has it listed as 2 different account numbers one with a balance of $244 and the other $149. I have disputed with the CRA's and DV'd the CA and they verified these 2 accounts only thing different is the notation dispute resolved consumer disaggrees. Wouldn't it be a violation since this account is not listed accurately??? If it was legal for them to split an account and report as if it were 2 different accounts then all CA's would be itemizing cc and other bills and listing each seperate charge as a different account, then a person could easily end up with dozens of accounts on the report from a CA all steming from 1 original account with an OC.

I think it would be a good idea to talk to a lawyer. Get a free consultation and see what, if anything, can be done. Then wait to see what BC/BS says is going to be done about remedying the situation. It may all work out if they're sending a rep there. Who knows. I don't think it's legal to split charges though. Unless they are 2 different accounts. Do they have the same account #?

Yes its all for the same account number I found out because the OC sent me a packet after I had DV'd the CA. In the packet there was the screenprints that showed the charges and when insurance was supposedly filed (mighta been filed but not to mine) and there was a letter on some nice expensive paper (not the redneck kind of paper thats in my printer) with the OC's letterhead at the top that stated the account number and that there was one balance $393 (which is the 244 and 149) this was for 1 doctor that I had 2 charges for. My understanding is that they shouldn't be able to split those charges just for the sake of reporting them to the CRA's also the CA listed them under 2 different numbers. So I take it the OC sent me proof that the CA is reporting inaccurately??

this is the letter the OC sent I changed the color on some words that I thought were interesting

April 14, 2007

My Name

My Address

Account Number: 035886

Name Of Patient: My name

Name Of Doctor: Dr. GrouchyPants

Balance To Date: $393.00

Dear Myname:

The above referenced account had an outstanding balance and is listed for collections at Diversified Credit Systems. In addition, I have enclosed the insurance information for your convenience. Therefore, please mail the balance to the address below or call me with any questions. Note that payment over the phone is an option for your convenience. Thank you for your cooperation.

she states it is 1 account with 1 balance as far as her insurance info hahaha I dont think some screenprints are insurance info I could easily create what she sent me in about a minute or 2 and print it out

not the redneck kind of paper thats in my printer

Nuttin' wrong wit Redneck paper.

Maybe I should ask a couple questions in the lawyer in the house section here and see what they have to say? see if they think I should contact an attorney or not

Sounds good. They speak a differnt langage than us rednecks.

Definitely dispute this as a duplicate account in the meantime and make the CA commit to their "infinite wisdom". And in your DV to them mention that they're complete idiots. I just threw that one in there. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
There are 2 collection accounts on my TU report that look like this

Creditor Name: DIVERSFD CRD

Account No.: 3588605835962

Original Creditor: MED1 02 DIAGNOSTIC CLINIC OF LONGVIE

Original Balance: $244

Balance: $244

Remarks:

Creditor Name: DIVERSFD CRD

Account No.: 3588606104590

Original Creditor: MED1 02 DIAGNOSTIC CLINIC OF LONGVIE

Original Balance: $149

Balance: $149

Remarks:

I couldn't match up these 2 accounts with my records so I disputed them with TU and also the CA

The OC called me last week and explained that this was from a doctors office and that they had filed on my insurance back then several times and it came back denied (which I never knew that insurance hadn't paid) The OC said they would send me info on this

I recieved the info it was for 2 office visits with the same doctor. On the print out pages that detail these office visits the same account number is listed for both. They also included this letter on thier letterhead (the OC's letterhead, this was sent to me directly from the OC not CA)

My question is can the CA seperate the office visits and list them as 2 different accounts on my CR when the OC's office has provided proof that infact this is 1 account that only has 1 account number??? Is that legal ??

If its not right for them to do this should I dispute again with TU and send them a copy of the letter the OC sent me that shows this is 1 account??

I disputed the accounts with TU and got my results back for both accounts it says no longer on file, but both the accounts are still on my report its just now both accounts have brand new account numbers........ would this be some sort of violation? Or just a sneaky way to get out of verifying cause they are bound to know the way they are reporting this as 2 accts instead of 1 is wrongxhitwallx