quick question on dv procedure

sharizap

Ok, I know I read the answer to this somewhere but I can't find the post/thread to save my life, so please be kind if this is one of those "ok, dummy, it's right HERE" questions.

When I send disputes to the CRAs for all the negatives (I'm just starting and haven't done this for any of them yet) do I send a separate letter for each account to the CRA? Or can I send one letter saying "I am disputing the following accounts because I have no knowledge of them"?

Do I send this/these to one CRA at a time or all 3?

I know the dv letters get sent to the individual CAs, but in a case where one CA has more than one account, do I need to send separate DVs for each account or one DV with all the accounts listed? (this will apply with a couple of medical bills and I think maybe a situation where one of them has, maybe, a sprint and something else unrelated.)

I would send 4 or 5 disputes today, wait a day or 2 then send more. Be careful not to dispute something with all 3 CRAs if its only showing on 1 or 2 of them.

As far as the DVs go, I've had CAs only remove the first listed account number on the request so just to save time, I would send 1 DV per account.

D

while I'm at it, though, I have one more question:

Ok, so I send disputes to the CRAs & request verification,

DVs to the CAs to validate,

What do I send to the OCs that still hold the accounts?

Everything says to dispute all the negatives on my CR- how do I handle this with the OCs?

But DO dispute- all at the same time- with all of the the CRAs that DO show the negative listing?

Correct. I think what stancil meant was don't get your letters mixed up and double check that a dispute you are submitting is actually on the CRA's CR. Some people, me included, cut and paste a single letter, and forget to double check the disputes.

I would send separate letters to the CA's on each separate account. Space them apart a few days. Right now, I have 1 CA with 2 accounts, and although if they look me up by name, they will see both, I don't want to tell them I have 2 accounts. One is outside the SOL, and the other is not. I don't want them to combine and try to sue me on both to save themselves some money.

Right now, I'm letting the one outside the SOL stay dormant until I get the delete on the one that IS still within the SOL. Then I plan to send them a FOAD on the second one.