Need advice on what step to take

malcolmkms

First off I would like to start out by saying hello to everyone as this is my very first post to this forum and I think this site is great. Sorry for this being so long but I'm trying to paint a good picture.

My original debt was a charge off by First Premier $517, DOFD is June of 2001. They are reporting the charge off with all 3 CRA's

It was sent to CA (Arrow Financial, debt is now $966) whom is currently reporting the collection on all 3 of the CRA's

I've ignored this debt for a while but have since realized the error of my ways and would like to clean up my credit report. Before I found this incredibly informative web site, I dug up all the letters I've recieved in the past, as I was doing so I noticed that the account had been pasted to 2 other CA's (Northland Group and Ocwen Loan Servicing). I wasn't sure who to contact so I used the process of elimination and called (I know now that I wasn't supposed to do that) Arrow because they're the CA reporting on my CR's, the other 2 are not. So when the CA answered the phone I gave her the account#, she looked it up and informed me the account was no longer with their office, she said I should contact CA (Regional Ajustment Bureau now the third CA). I didn't do that I found this site first.

I'm in Virginia and I realize the SOL is been long up and I'm about a year and a half from it supposedly coming off my CR's, however I don't want to wait that long because I plan on purchasing a home and these are the derogatory blimshes on my CR's.

I would like to point out that none of the CA's are attempting to contact me at this time the last letter I recieved was dated about a year ago. The money isn't an issue other than the fact that I don't want to pay the CA's fee's. My main focus is to try and get the collection deleted and possibly change the TL of the OC. I've done some reading on negotiating a PFD on this site and if it came down to it I would pay the full $966 with their ridiculus fees included if I was guaranteed a PFD from the CA and TL changed to Paid as agreed from the OC.

CA (Arrow Financial) is the only one reporting on my CR but they no longer have the account how can I negotiate the deletion if they don't have the account anymore.

WHAT SHOULD I DO

Thanx in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

CA (Arrow Financial) is the only one reporting on my CR but they no longer have the account how can I negotiate the deletion if they don't have the account anymore.

What's the balance and are there any remarks that say transferred/sold to another lender? They might have sold it and if they did the balance should be a $0. Have you disputed this w/CRAs yet? Is this the only negative on your CR? Oh yeah, welcome.:)++

Thanks for the welcolme MadinKS

The balance is $966, there are no remarks that say transferred/sold to another lender from CA (Arrow Financial)

I have not disputed it with the CRA's because I was confussed about the reasoning for disputing with the CRA's. If they removed it wouldn't CA (Arrow Financial) just put it right back on there?

Yes the listing from the OC, the listing from CA (Arrow Financial) are the only things on there, plus a few late payments from sometime back.

If they removed it wouldn't CA (Arrow Financial) just put it right back on there?

Dispute these as "no knowledge of account" or something similiar to start. That gives you room for more disputes if they verify. Then if they verify you can narrow down your dispute. At the same time DV Arrow and tell them if they can't validate the account to you, they must remove, delete, and FOAD. Got soccer games so I'll get back later. Sorry.

Yes. Then if they verify your dispute, you will dispute the CRAs again and see if they verify again, w/o validating to you. Have you read the primer? If not, it breaks down the procedure to handle these jacka$$es. It's right here:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263069

This should help you out. Good luck.

So the primer says sit back and wait after you've sent out your disputes which I have sent out, CA (Arrow says they no longer have the account) so should I send them the DV anyway because they're reporting on my CR or should I wait for the results of the disputes to come back from the CRA's? I'm reading as much as I can but I feel like I should be doing something else while I'm waiting.

If you've sent out disputes, and you've DV'd. All you can do is wait. If the disputes come back and Arrow is no longer on there, you will be done w/them. If not, I would send Arrow a DV but unfortunately they probably won't respond. I DV'd them on Apr. 2 and all I got was more demands from their cronies at TrueLogic. They're not even reporting on my wife's CR. So, you can try and maybe they'll answer you.

Well actually I didn't send the DV to them I just did the disputes, the primer said do the disputes and wait for results if it comes back verified then send the DV so are you saying I should go ahead and send the DV before I get the disputes back? Thanx again MadinKs

I would just sit back and wait. Then if they verify, do the 'ol 1-2 punch on 'em. xboxingx One thing I forgot to mention. If they come back verified and the dates are changed, re-aged, don't be surprised. Arrow did that on my wife's Cortrust account w/Arrow. If that happens, you'll have to send them another type of DV w/a hint of possible lawsuit, and a dash of complaints to the AG, etc. We'll see what happens and go from there. Sound good? Good luck.

This is what I sent to ASSetHoles. Verdict is still out on whether or not it works.

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently disputed this account on my credit reports and discovered that you have made a mistake in the information

you provided to the credit bureaus. I can tell you that, according to my records, you are reporting inaccurate dates.

At this time, I am requesting documentation from you that will substantiate your claim to collect on this alleged debt.

By the looks of it, you are making an attempt to re-age this account to lengthen the time you think you have to collect,

which is a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and an actionable offense under Federal law, as well as Kansas

state law.

At this point, I am giving your company the benefit of the doubt, but I will have no problem reporting your company to

the FTC, the BBB, and both, Michigan and Kansas AG’s, as well as contact a lawyer to file suit for the violations

of Federal and Kansas state laws. I require Asset Acceptance to provide documentation of chain of custody, a contract,

an agreement, or anything from the original creditor, on their letterhead, that validates the debt between us. The valid

documentation must establish, and substantiate, the dates your company has reported to the credit bureaus, as well as,

your ability to collect on this. If you cannot provide this information, you must delete this account and notify all three

credit bureaus, including, but not limited to, Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian. I have added the reference to the

FCRA and Kansas statute, K.S.A. 60-511, for you to use as reference. I sincerely hope that this was a mix up on the part

of Asset Acceptance and we can come to an expeditious conclusion to this.

FCRA § 605. Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports [15 U.S.C. §1681c]

© Running of Reporting Period

(1) In general. The 7-year period referred to in paragraphs (4) and (6)

3 of subsection

(a) shall begin, with respect to any delinquent account that is placed for collection

(internally or by referral to a third party, whichever is earlier), charged to profit and

loss, or subjected to any similar action, upon the expiration of the 180-day period

beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately

preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action.

K.S.A. 60-512. Actions limited to three years. The following actions shall be brought within three (3) years: (1) All actions upon

contracts, obligations or liabilities, expressed or implied but not in writing.

I’d also like to add that, from this point on; I will require you to limit your correspondence with me to written

communication only. I have given you my address for correspondence and you may not contact friends or relatives, or

my place of employment, phishing for contact information.

I look forward to your response and an agreeable conclusion to this matter. Thank you.

Sincerely,

I wonder...

If a CA has purchased a debt from an OC that they still have a current relationship and tendency to buy bad debt from, if it's not a good idea to ask them to request a delete from the OC provided they themselves are willing to PFD. It seems thier request would carry more weight and both parties would have an interest in cooperating with each other.

:idea:

I wonder...

If a CA has purchased a debt from an OC that they still have a current relationship and tendency to buy bad debt from, if it's not a good idea to ask them to request a delete from the OC provided they themselves are willing to PFD. It seems thier request would carry more weight and both parties would have an interest in cooperating with each other.

:idea:

Tried to talk to the OC but of course they referred me to Arrow saying they sold the account to them. I contacted Arrow because I was going to try for a PFD but they said sorry we don't have your account anymore you need to contact Regional Adjustment. So I stopped at that point that's when I found this site, but Arrow who said they don't have my account anymore are the ones reporting on my CR's. Very upsetting but I'm waiting for the results of the disputes then I will take it from there.

Arrow is a bunch of a$$clowns. They are the one's reporting my wife's acct. but TrueLogic is the one trying to collect. I DV'd both of 'em. Sounds like that's what you need to do.

Well I was thinking about that but on the other hand CA(Regional Adjustment) hasn't attempted to contact me even though CA(Arrow) says they have the sold them the debt so I'm going to leave them alone until they try and collect since they aren't reporting. I'm just going to focus on Arrow after my round of disputes come back. Let me know how your DV's turn out.

So AFNI verified the dispute from EX, which I was hopeing they would'nt. I don't understand how they can verify and report if they've sold the account! They don't even have the account anymore. :-( So I know the primer says to DV next but this is an old account they probably will not respond to the DV. Should I DV them now or wait for the results of EQ and TU dispute? :evil:

If you want to wait for the others that's fine. This is where you start the 1-2 punch. DV them and at the same time dispute w/CRAs. The dispute should be specific. I dispute the DOFD, DOLA, or something. That way they are less likely to give you the "frivolous" letter. Good luck.

Can they still report if they have sold the account to another CA?

Yes, as long as the first CA's TL shows a $0 balance. In the comments it should show sold/transferred. If it shows a balance and the other CA's shows a balance that's a violation and you need to re-dispute it.