Who's Had Success Removing Reposession

SugarNspice

I pretty much cleaned up my DH CR and I'm almost done. This month 2 TL are suppose to fall off (one from TU and EQ) leaving him with a reposession from 2003. Ex only has 2 medical bills totaling $100 and I'm disputing those right now if they come back verified we can do a PFD .I would like to try and remove the reposession somehow and Ive read up on repos and wondering if the whole deficiency approach is effective. This auto loan was from BMW financial Svcs. and is $8000. Eq accidently deleted it so it's left on TU and EX. This is suppose to fall off 11/2008. I'd like some feedback before I start my dispute on those?

I had repossesion from Summit Bank removed by luck! I sent in my debt validation letter and I guess they never responded, because it was removed.

This process is a game of chance and luck on a lot of these negative treadline. You also have a tradeline that is reporting incorrect that you can handle with the debt validation process and no need for luck on these ones!

This TL was from BMW financial Svcs for $8000. It was sold to to a CA and I was able to get the CA deleted then I received a notice in February saying it was "purchased by Oliphant Financial, LLC which is now the current owner, acting in its capacity as assignee of BMW Financial Services." I sent a DV letter and it hasnt been placed on our CR yet and they havent replied. The TL is showing $8000 written off. $8000 past due. When this TL was with a CA on the CR should BMW have it listed as $0 sold/transfered or is that suppose to apply to the different CA that are collecting on it?

SugarNspice...I am a newbie here BUT, as I understand it from the posts I've read,

Anytime that the OC or any CA sells your acct, then they themselves should report it and your TL should be marked as a "write-off" or "sold/transferred" and yes it should have a $0 in the balance.

Not really sure if they can still report an amount in the "past due" or if that should also be changed.

I have a couple TL's that were in fact "sold/transferred" (it states that on the CR) yet they still show an amount in the balance and then a they show a total different amount in the "past due"?!? so...

I too am wondering how to dispute that and with who? The OC or CA showing the TL or just dispute with the CRA and let them verify with them??!!

Hopefully some of the more experienced here can clarify and advise on that!

Congrats on your successfulness thus far and good luck with the future!