I'm not on the account. . . is it legal?

My wife and I are working to establish our own separate credit reports, however the CBs insist on mixing interchangably our information. Example: I have a judgment showing, which is my judgment only, in my name, but because I used my wife's medical insurance (it's in her name) for the treatment, they show her as being obligated to pay it. She never signed any paperwork (I did), so my question is: Is it legal for the provider to go after (and in this case get a judgment against her)? I don't understand why I am not the sole party responsbile here. Thanks for any guidance.:confused:

I could be wrong, correct me someone please, BUT

I believe, bottom line, if you are on "her insurance policy", she is in fact the responsible party (due to her signature on the policy) for any balances unpaid by the insurance policy whether or not you signed to be the responsible party at time of services.

Might check this out with an atty that specializes in medical claims!

Also - found this out the hard way - in Tennessee a spouse is legally responsible for their husband/wife's medical bills. Not sure about VA but I was served on an old medical bill of my DH. After talking with an attorney I found out that they can legally take me to court over the bill even though I did not carry insurance or sign anything. As a spouse I am responsible for medically necessary care of my husband during our marriage.

Thanks for the help. I know for a fact that she was not served properly by the pl:D aintiff on this, so I'll attempt to get the judgment vacated. Best always.

I believe I would start with a copy of the judgement. If she is not listed in the complaint, the CRA should remove the judgement...period. If she is listed in the judgement, then and only then would you try to have the judgement vacated.