So, I finally get the letter from Midpoint...

Renai3

For those of you following my saga, I sent off DVs to Forward Properties and Platinum Capital Investements on Saturday for the same debt.

I just got Midpoint's letter in the mail. Believe it or not, it says:

"We are pleased that you have decided to take care of you [sic] contractual obligtion via a voluntary basis. MRG has extended you a settlement arrangement that is to be completed by the due date given verbally and in writing." etc. etc.

It then says the amount was $932 (more than $100 more than what the OC has listed) but will be settled for $xxx, and I'll receive a payment in full letter.

So, I guess my DV will state that I never agreed to anything verbally (I simply said put it in writing- it was the only way to get an address at the time), and this is the first written correspondence I've received from them. Etc. etc.

This is getting to be fun. Almost.

Renai

Thankfully, so far, MRG hasn't reported anything. And, yeah, Skippy thought "put what you said in writing" means "I agree to pay you.

OC said they sold to Forward in January of this year, Platinum reported to the CRAs in March (that's how I got their address to DV), and Midpoint had been calling me. I finally just answered the phone one day (4/13), and Midpoint (MRG) said they'd settle. I never agreed, just said put it in writing. This was the only way I could figure to get an address. I don't know who holds this debt! Which is why I'm Dving everybody :evil: . Oh! and I disputed online the Platinum TL and they verified it in two days! Ack!

Here's my letter, does it need anything else?

Scumbags MRG

Seneca Square Plaza

1902 Seneca St.t Suite 125

West Seneca, NY 14244

April 23, 2007

RE: File # xxxx

I am in receipt, as of the above date, of your undated letter with a due date of April 28, 2007. In response, I must say I have never agreed to anything neither verbally, nor in writing, as this is the first written correspondence I have received from you.

I am disputing this debt, and I’d appreciate it if you could validate this debt for me, especially detailing how you calculated what you say I owe. I also respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

I am also requesting that all further communication be done via writing, not by telephone.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

Renai

So, how's that sound? I like short and sweet. I'll pull out the big guns later.

You need to include the standard pre-amble "This is not a refusal to pay." You should also clarify that "verification" is not "validation" of your mailing address / phone number / SSN. You have to be explicit -- otherwise they play dumb and assume you really meant that you were refusing to pay and not disputing, and want verification that they know where you live.

You need to include the standard pre-amble "This is not a refusal to pay." You should also clarify that "verification" is not "validation" of your mailing address / phone number / SSN. You have to be explicit -- otherwise they play dumb and assume you really meant that you were refusing to pay and not disputing, and want verification that they know where you live.

Ok, I'll add it. I just remembered something. They called me on the 19th to see if I received the letter yet, I told him no (I know, I don't supposed to be talking on the phone). Thomas told me I should receive it soon because they sent it out on the 16th. The envelope is postmarked the 19th. :roll:

Renai

No point in saying any of that really.

:evil: Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but the address in the letter I wrote is WRONG! It's the address in the letter they sent me. Good thing I kept the envelope (as proof of postmark), because it shows a different address on that label. :evil: The message I got on usps.com said the Seneca St address is UNDELIVERABLE. I guess they thought I'm so stupid, I'd get the letter back and then only be able to contact them by phone. Idiots. Hmmm. Even the other address is not going through now.

Renai

I'm liking these guys more and more. I just got a phone message from Mr. Rinaldo giving me until 3pm today to contact him regarding the letter they sent out 2 weeks ago. Hmmm. April 19 postmark. I don't think that's two weeks.

Should I send out the DV via Priority?

Renai