How Can I Remove Items From My CR?

cookiehead

I recently pulled my credit report and looking @ it, my score has risen slightly. But I've got a few accounts sitting on my account that are paid and closed...but when I paid (in 2003) I didn't know about this place, so those accounts are still on my account and are set to remove @ different dates, ranging from 2008 to 2012.

I've read and read...but I still can't figure out WHAT I need to do @ this point, who I need to contact, etc. We're talking about 2-4 items that are paid.

I need to see approx. a 50-70 point rise in my score in order to be where I want to be purchase a home.

If these can be removed, how will it affect my score?

Example 1

(Paid off)

Date Opened:

07/1999

Date Closed:

07/2002

Account closed by credit grantor

Estimated date that this item will be removed: 02/2009

Example 2

Balance:

$0

Date Updated:

03/2006

Original Balance:

$143

Past Due:

$0

Pay Status:

>Payment After Charge Off/Collection<

Account Type:

Open Account

Responsibility:

Individual Account

Date Closed:

03/2006

Date Paid:

03/2006

Loan Type: Collection Agency Attorney

Remark:

>Paid collection<

Date placed for collection: [ 04/2002]

Estimated date that this item will be removed: 10/2008

Example 3

Balance:

$0

Date Updated:

03/2006

High Balance:

$579

Past Due:

$0

Pay Status:

Paid or Paying as Agreed

Account Type:

Revolving Account

Responsibility:

Individual Account

Date Opened:

08/2000

Date Closed:

02/2006

Date Paid:

08/2003

Loan Type: Charge Account

Remark:

>Settled - less than full balance<

>Maximum delinquency of 120+ days in 04/2004<

Estimated date that this item will be removed: 07/2010

The only thing I know that I need to try to pay is this one....

CBC NATIONAL

250 E TOWN ST

COLUMBUS , OH 43215-4631

Balance:

$182

Date Updated:

12/2006

Original Balance:

$182

Original Creditor:

Past Due:

>$182<

Pay Status:

>Collection Account<

Account Type:

Open Account

Responsibility:

Individual Account

Loan Type: Collection Agency Attorney

Remark:

>Placed for collection<

Date placed for collection: [ 01/2006]

Estimated date that this item will be removed: 10/2010

Any help or suggestions for someone @ their wits' end but still ready to work & hear helpful suggestions?

Welcome. :)++

First off, have you read the stickys and the primer? If not, they are here.

1st read:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187

2nd read:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263069

If you still have questions about it (more than likely), we will be glad to help.

"...Date Updated: 03/2006..."

Be aware that disputing these TL's may cause them to get verified and updated, which can cause a drop in your score.

The 'Date last reported' PLUS anything that marks the account as derogatory cause deductions in the History category of scoring. This category is the largest, up to 35% of the total number. History hits particularly hard for items (it thinks) dated in the last 12 mos. These are just due to clear that 12month mark and may ease off enough to get you where you want to be.

"...I need to try to pay this one..."

Paying this off now may have the same result, an update to reflect the zero balance. Leave this one alone and arrange to pay it at closing (of your mortgage loan).

What else appears on your CR? Do you have CC's? Restricting access by limiting inquiries, avoiding 'finance' companies and working the Utilization angle can be much more effective at raising scores than removing derogs.

We also need to know the timeframe you are working with. How soon you will be seeking financing? Are the points you seek based on FICO? If they are FAKO you may not be close enough.

Be aware that disputing these TL's may cause them to get verified and updated, which can cause a drop in your score.

The 'Date last reported' PLUS anything that marks the account as derogatory cause deductions in the History category of scoring. This category is the largest, up to 35% of the total number.

=================

So leave everything be for now?

Paying this off now may have the same result, an update to reflect the zero balance. Leave this one alone and arrange to pay it at closing (of your mortgage loan).

=============

But if I leave it...it's still sitting their negatively, no?

What else appears on your CR?

=============

Student loans (paying on one, and one is currently differed).

CC that has been closed and I'm making monthly payments on & have been for nearly a year.

Restricting access by limiting inquiries, avoiding 'finance' companies and working the Utilization angle can be much more effective at raising scores than removing derogs.

===================

So in other words, don't do any inquires nor allow others to. no? How do you go about restricting access?

We also need to know the timeframe you are working with. How soon you will be seeking financing?

==========

My current lease is up in December. Like I said, I know I'm at least about 50-70 points from where I need to be.

"...Leave everything be for now..."

I dunno about 'everything', but I recommend you leave the collections alone for now. The unpaid CA is 'sitting there negatively'. If your (prospective) lender insists on payment, arrange to do this at closing so that an update won't tank your score.

"...CC that has been closed...making monthly payments..."

Is this a positive account? Or did it close due to default?

If you closed a positive account and are simply paying down the remaining balance; contact the creditor and request to have the account reopened. This will change the current calculations. You will need to use the account monthly and get the balance between 1%-9% of the 'Highest Credit' reported. There's tons of data here and elsewhere on Utilization. Utl. is the next largest category of scoring (up to 30%). So you can really add some points by manipulating the manner in which you use and pay revolving accounts.

Limit inquiries. You restrict access by denying all who ask and by Opting Out of Promo pulls. Call 888-567-8688.

With your lease expiring in 12/07, you don't have time to open new accounts and allow them to age. Explore AU options by piggybacking on someone else's CC account.

Is this a positive account? Or did it close due to default?

==========================

I was mistaken. it's still open and, yes, it's sitting as an adverse account. I've been paying on it now for well over a year (minimum payment but still).

CARD MEMBER SERVICES

CB DISPUTES

PO BOX 108

SAINT LOUIS , MO 63166

Balance:

$2,804

Date Updated:

03/2007

High Balance:

$1,500

Credit Limit:

$1,500

Past Due:

$0

Terms:

Minimum $68

Pay Status:

Paid or Paying as Agreed

Account Type:

Revolving Account

Responsibility:

Individual Account

Date Opened:

06/2001

Loan Type: Credit Card

With your lease expiring in 12/07, you don't have time to open new accounts and allow them to age. Explore AU options by piggybacking on someone else's CC account.

========================

I'm already piggybacking on somebody's else CC and I think it's helping.

what about a pay for delete on the CBC NATIONAL ?

=====================================

That's what I'm thinking since the amount is manageable. But the info above says not to do that.