CA's More Aggressive? Reasons?

CantCU

Does it seem that the CA's are more aggressive than they used to be even with the FCRA and the FDCPA? Reasons?

Is it due to the age of technology? They can pull so much more off at a faster rate due to computers? They can produce computer generated documents to claim validation? They are able to verify with the CRA's via eOscar? (in the olden days it was much easier to dispute a TL because the CRA's had to physically send written requests to the furnishers and delete if they didn't get written response back?).

Is it due to the changes in the BK laws? Less people are able to file BK (Chapter 7) so the CA's know it's less likely that the debt be discharged?

Is it the changes in the court system where it's easier to file a small claim court action? Allowing attorneys/CA's to appear telephonically? The "new" arbitration tactic?

All of the above?

I'm older than dirt, so I see the changes. It seems that the FCRA and the FDCPA might work better if they were revamped to the new technology. Am I wrong?

It occures to me that more and more people just plain don't care who they hurt or how destroy/affect another person's life. All that these people care about is getting enough money on their paychecks to buy what they want.

People just don't care about each other the way they used to. The only way they see it is if you can't make money legally and within the constraints of the Law, Oh well, chances are, nobody will catch us anyway.

Just my view!

D

Well if you read Budd Hibbs website, he mentions that there is less and less junk debt being traded and more junk collection agencies, so the price for this paper has gone up and is being fought over amongst the piranhas.

I think it also has to do with adaptation on both sides of the fence. This is a great brainstorming forum for all of us to get help and help each other. The collection scum are using more and more "fresh out of law school" lawyers to hire as a new tactic, arbitration being probably the most recent and hardest to fight at the moment, their new tactic.

It is a back and forth game, each side adapting, as frustrating as it may be.