TC and MyFico, contract or cxl anytime?

Hey guys, I have myfico.com but am looking for a 3 in 1, the walmart link to TC seems to be the cheapest, but I don't know if I want to accrue a bunch of monthlies for a whole year. Do you have to keep them or can you cancel one later?

My second question is: I've disputed all derog's on all 3 credit reports, now my Experian has a fraud alert on it that I didn't ask for. It says it will be maintained for 30 days. Is this something I should be alarmed about?

Any help appreciated!

Hey guys, I have myfico.com but am looking for a 3 in 1, the walmart link to TC seems to be the cheapest, but I don't know if I want to accrue a bunch of monthlies for a whole year. Do you have to keep them or can you cancel one later?

What do you mean? You're planning on having more than 1 credit monitoring service and you want to know if you HAVE to keep them all for a year?

My second question is: I've disputed all derog's on all 3 credit reports, now my Experian has a fraud alert on it that I didn't ask for. It says it will be maintained for 30 days. Is this something I should be alarmed about?

Search for "fraud alert". I've addressed this many times about why CRAs slap them on you & how to remove them. And no, it shouldn't "alarm" you.

Thanks for a quick answer. Yes I want to know if I can compare the 2 services and only continue one of them. The myfico is a little dissappointing, telling me I can only "pull" a score one more time for free, then $10.95 each additional time. To me that isn't a satisfactory way to monitor daily. I have a lot of things in dispute right now and no way to see if there are any differences on my reports.

Basically I have some buyer's remorse for myfico and want truecredit instead I think, however, if myfico is the only accurate score I'm going to ever get, I might keep it as well so long as I can justify it. Summers are hard for a student on loans most of the year!

TKS!

oh also the experian thing is 90 days, not 30.

TC is used to monitor your credit daily or even monthly if you choose. So, it's well worth it to be able to keep track of your progress and any changes. Yes, while myFICO is the only place to get your real scores, you will not get them for free and they are quite costly. Are you trying to purchase a house or get a 2nd mortgage? If you're not planning on making a big purchase w/in the next couple of months, then you're wasting your $ w/ the myFICO service. You don't HAVE to have any monitoring service if you don't want to. If your main focus for right now is credit repair, then just sign up for TC and kick the other service to the side. Your score isn't going to change drastically every few days, so IMO, you're wasting your $.

I signed up for a 30 day free trial with myfico but I was already with TC. Reason I signed up was to secure my actual FICO's and not the FAKO's. I paid to get all 3 scores, but for the first 30 days, they continually updated my EQ scores during the trial period.

Then I cancelled the subscription. What I plan to do is go back in 6 months and pull my FICO's again. I don't need both monitoring services...just wanted to give it a try.

Thanks again!

No, no house but I am desperately trying to raise my equifax score from 625 to 650 by the end of July for student loans w/o a co-signer. If I get lucky with a couple out of 7 derogs and ExxonMobil finally report my 8 month old card with them (no sign of it at all) I think I have a shot, plus I disputed my inq's yesterday. Just getting itchy and 25 points I think is doable... but this is kinda big! My student loan company only has inq's and reports on EQ historically.

LOL, no I wish I had done it that way, I have spent a lot this month by being fickle and buying one product at a time.. I bought two of the reports before finding annualcreditreport.com, then bought 3 scores, then signed up AT myfico.com and paid another $8.95... I'm up to like $50 and all the info is only like 3 days apart. TC will be another $11.xx.

There's a lot to learn here!

Oh what Cr@p! TC has to send me a secured tracking code as a security precaution now before I can see my reports!!! STUPID STUPID FRAUD ALERT!!!

yeah I'm gettin' edgy... all I do anymore is stare at the screen reading about CREDIT. I got it bad...

Boy they have upgraded their security! I have a Fraud Alert on my CR and all I had to do was call them and answer some security questions (personal information). But I also had TC before I had the alert.

Having a FA shouldn't prevent you from seeing your reports. I have the 7-year extended one on all 3 of mine and I'm able to pull w/o verifying anything. They had to cancel my subscription just this week (b/c of the issues they were having) and sign up again; still, no problems. That's weird.

Ok, Tom the Indian rocks.

I got an e-mail after that notice during registration:

Dear Robert,

We experienced some difficulties while attempting to process your Credit Monitoring subscription. Your credit report indicates that additional security precautions must be taken before we can grant you access to your credit report online.

Please call the Customer Service Team for assistance with this matter. For contact information and hours of service, visit http://truecredit.r.delivery.net/r/c/r?1.1.GW.2To.1dxnrG(etc....)

Please note that until you contact the Customer Service Team to resolve this issue, you will not receive any emails in regards to changes to your credit report. If you do not resolve this issue within 25 days, your Credit Monitoring subscription will be automatically cancelled. We urge you to call the Customer Service Team as soon as possible to avoid any unnecessary interruptions in the monitoring of your credit.

SO, I called and answered a bunch of questions that would have been impossible to answer but was able to read off my TU report, they released it and I got on.

Very dissappointing results though, even my EQ score is high 5's. 625 at Equifax, 618 at Myfico (after my new JCPenney balance posted), and now 597 at TC. I'm in a tailspin!