Goodwill Works!

AlmostFixed

Have some paid chargeoffs and other issues on my report from a few years ago. If I knew then what I know now...anyway...

Sent out 4 goodwill letters last week (3 paid CO and 1 string of 30-days lates).

This week I received calls from executive response team members at Citibank and Cap One Auto Finance. My Paid CO w/Citibank has been removed and my 30-day lates with Cap One Auto have been removed as well! Hoping to hear back from the other 2 soon as well!

xdancex xdancex xdancex

And AMEX turned me down. Not surprised there. Everyone knows they are hard asses.

It IS weird, though. I didn't include any phone numbers with my letter or any information about my current employer and the executive office flunky just called my direct line at work, which isn't published anywhere.

what letter did you use, just the one linked up top? If you wrote your own can you post a copy.

Search for goodwill. There's a number of examples. Here's a couple.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showpost.php?p=746810&postcount=2

DON'T use them verbatim. Teacher won't mark my paper down for copying, but you might suffer.

Read goodwill letters. Study them. Ponder them. Know them. Grok them in full.

They are reference material to stir your creative juices. Try to be truthful, or least put forth something plausible.

Sorry, don't mean to hi jack this thread, but I just wanted to add my two cents since I was just about to post on the subject of how goodwill letters do work!

My husband and I had a car loan with US Bank for a little over two years. We traded in the car for another vehicle. Long story short, it took a long time for the new dealership to pay off the old car, long meaning 5 MONTHS!! We new even though they were responsible for the payoff, our butts were still on the line creditwise so we were forced into making those payments so we didn't ruin our credit further...We were able to pay three months all the while paying on our new car at the same time....The next two months we were late with the payments after trying to make payment arrangements with US Bank , they were eventually paid, but the damage was already done, 2 30 day lates....I thought I'd goodwill US Bank, I explained the entire situation, how we had always had on time payments, loved their company,we wanted to keep the tradeline but just wanted this fixed...ya da ya da...and a few days later I received a letter in the mail from one of the CEO's employees stating that everything had been fixed to reflect no late payments! And this was done VERY quickly...the next day, hubby's Experian reflected no late payments!

However,

I noticed my tradeline vanished completely for this account and now I realize it was because weeks before I had disputed the lates with the CRAs. US Bank in response, just deleted the tradeline and deleted my social from the account...I called their credit disputes department, and asked if they could re-report my tradeline, and they noticed and fixed the error of deleting my social from the account, and now I am waiting on my letter in the mail from the original person saying this has been fixed to be reported for me! They were really great in helping with this! ..If this could work for me, it could work for anyone!...But next time I think I will send a goodwill letter first asking not to delete the tradeline and explain my story to the higher ups before I dispute the lates with the CRAs. It's definitely worth a try!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am new to CIC and read your post about success with GW letters to Cap One Auto. Would you mind sharing who you sent those letters? If it's not too much trouble posting the letter you sent?

It seems you are one of the few who has had success with Cap One Auto and GW letters.

Thanks!:oops: