Postive response from GW letter.

txsquirrel

I just wanted to let all know that my gw letter to discover managed to get them to remove two "30 day late" listings from my CR and mark it as zero late payments. I know that its nothing big, but it's a start. I guess it dosen't hurt to try. Of coarse my letter to AMEX didn't have the same results, but at least I tried. I haven't yet seen any effect on my report if any, but its still early.

Thanksss for the great info..

We had a couple of them around dec of last year and i'd love to get rid of them.

Is this account paid off? If it is, you need to be aware that it may be deleted if they don't verify. If it has any positive impact whatsoever, I would try the goodwill first. Unless your FICO can take that kinda hit and not bother you. Just a little note of caution for ya.

Mine fell behind in 2005 for a couple of months, mainly because of the late posting of online payments. The balance was close to the limit so I'm sure you all know how fast over limit fees and late fees pile up. Suddenly I was way behind. They put me on their hardship program and lowered the interest rate and payments and dropped some of the fees which seemed to help out. In the letter I basically thanked them for their help and pointed out how much I've brought the balance back down and for their understanding in me wanting to help my credit rating. I still owe on the account so I'm not worried about them deleting all of the record. The letter I received back was a sort of form letter with several options to check off.

....We have updated your CB file to reflect the following change to the above account.

There were several options to choose from. The type of things that you would dispute with the credit agencies. Mine had "We have updated the credit file to reflect the account as having zero late payments."

I got the address from another credit site. It was

Discover Card

Attn: Credit Bureau Desk

PO Box 15316

Wilmington, DE 19850

I just wanted to give goodwill letters a shot before I tackle the 3 Bureaus. There are several others that I haven't heard from yet. Good Luck.