TU...and a big mess!

HOOT

I had two entries show up on my TU from Alltel and Omni Credit Services. Both showing balances of $385.00 for a cell phone bill. I have never had an account with Alltel. I call Alltel and they cannot verify using my ss#. They say I need to dispute (about 3 weeks ago). I do and when I tried to log into TU to get my results when they ready they say cannot verify my info. So I call them and have to give them my report# because they no longer have my ss#. I now have a new ss# thanks to somebody. I don't know if it is because of the Alltel and Omni thing or what. So I fax them a copy of my ss card. I hope this gets straightened out. I am little nervous. No telling how long this is gonna take and I cannot even find out if they removed the Alltel and Omni. I am hoping I can get them on fraud if they do not remove. I have never had an alltel phone, signed a contract with these people, nothing. Can TU just change my ss# from a CA because that is what they are saying it is? I know it has something to do with this Alltel and Omni.

It could be a form of identity theft. To report to your bureau, they only need name and addy. I had a CA appear that added a new ssn to my bureau. Since I am in special handling, it was easier to find out what was going on. The TL had MY name, one of my old addresses and someone elses ssn. I mentioned 'common name' and told Vicki Banks that this was NOT my account and they should have known that since it is not my ssn and it was a very old addy.

In the end, she deleted not only the ssn, but the addy to prevent 'reappearance'. With that addy gone, I was later able to dispute off a number of accounts tied to that addy! (Talk about luck!)

I used what Vicki Banks told me to get the other 2 to delete both the account and the addy as well.