CAs and fake addresses

Renai3

Is this a common technique? Midpoint Resolution Group aka MRG aka Federal Credit Recovery (aka FCR offices) sent me a letter with one address on the letter, another on the envelope, and I found a third address on budhibbs.com under FCR.

Of course, the address on the letter is fake (tracking says it will be returned), so now I'm sending CMRRR to the other two addresses. I'm noting in my second letter (1st DV) the fake address and the address on the letter (which I suspect is also fake). I'm not mentioning the FCR address, just sending it there as FCR aka MRG.

Is this common- to put fake addresses on letters? Gosh, $12 to DV one company.

Renai

How does this sound?

Midpoint Resolution Group

Seneca Square Plaza

1902 Seneca St. Suite 125

West Seneca, NY 14224

April , 2007

RE: File # xxxxxx

I received notice on April 28, 2007 that the letter I sent to your address (above) is returned as undeliverable. This is the same address that is listed on the correspondence you sent me that I received on April 23, also listed on the top of this letter.

I was in a quandry of whether to send this letter to the fake address you listed on the envelope of the letter you sent me (which is different from the address on the letter), or to the address listed under your "also known as" (aka) name. Hopefully, this aka address is a true address, unlike the fake addresses you provided in your first correspondence to me. Both letters (your first correspondence and my reply) are enclosed.

To reiterate the first letter, I must say I have never agreed to any arrangements, neither verbally, nor in writing, as the letter in receipt April 23 is the first written correspondence I had received from you.

I am disputing this debt, and I’d appreciate it if you could validate this debt for me, especially detailing how you calculated what you say I owe. I also respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please note this is not a refusal to pay, but a request for more information as stated above.

I am also requesting that all further communication be done via writing and not by telephone.

Sincerely,

Renai

Enclosures: copy MRG 1st correspondence; copy of my first response

Is this common- to put fake addresses on letters? Gosh, $12 to DV one company.

Unfortunately it's not uncommon. And it is of dubious legality, if not a direct violation.

By not listing a means to contact them they are attempting to circumvent your rights to DV and correspond by mail.

Well, here are the addresses I have, just in case someone is interested. The first addy is in the letter above. The addy on the envelope they sent me is

1902 Ridge Rd.

West Seneca, NY 14224

The addy I found on budhibbs.com and confirmed by the soft inquiry I saw on my CR is

Federal Credit Recovery, Inc.

(aka/FCR Offices, Inc.

aka/Midpoint Resolution Group)

2950 Seneca Street

West Seneca, NY 14224

Needless to say, I'm DVing at the third addy, TODAY.

Renai