matthewscott

matthewscott - credit repair progress

Got three emails from Experian today.

1) Two Regions student loan accounts deleted.

2) Another Regions TL gone & WAMU/Providian (Authorized user) deleted.

Also, they mentioned that my telephone and employer listings have been deleted.

3) GMAC (repo) updated. It's actually reporting correctly now.

Another Regions TL deleted.

Now, to explain the Regions stuff. I only had two student loans. They were showing up duplicated with different account numbers. Then they sold the loans to Sallie Mae and those two loans were also listed. So two loans ended up being on my report 6 times.

It's been a very good credit repair day!

:woot:

Congratulations! Great progress, I have not seen any score increased that much in such of short time, in a very long time. Plus you are getting responses from CRAs way faster than I do. Again, congratulations...

Congratulations! Great progress, I have not seen any score increased that much in such of short time, in a very long time. Plus you are getting responses from CRAs way faster than I do. Again, congratulations...

Wow, Thanks! :shock:

Even though my scores go back a few months I didn't start the credit repair progress until about mid March.

Here is a reminder of my scores and the progress that I've made...

TransUnion (up 35 total)

669 05/27/2007 +15

654 04/28/2007 +15

639 01/25/2007 +5

634 09/22/2006

Equifax (up 62 total)

670 05/27/2007 +22

648 04/21/2007 +17

631 02/22/2007 +0

631 01/1/2007 +23

608 10/27/2006

Experian (down 1 total)

682 05/27/2007 -1

683 04/28/2007 +0

683 02/2/2007 +0

683 10/27/2006 +0

Based on everything I've fixed with Experian, I *really* expect a change in my score the next time I update.

I think credit repair has become a new hobby for me. Well, it might be more of an obsession. ;)

Zales said my account was open. I've been shopping and drooling over their site waiting to find a good deal on something that I like.

Apparently, they are running a pretty good sale. I've been eyeing this $1000 ring and it's now just over $600 including shipping.

I pulled the trigger but I got an email saying that I needed to call them. I called and she said that it is probably just due to that being a temporary account number. If it doesn't go through I don't care. If it does then I'll have an updated TL that was opened in 2003 or so. (I was working as a cashier close to the Zales store where I use to live. On a break, they had their sales associates outside and they were begging for people to apply for credit. They claimed that they needed to meet their quota. I never used the card and never intended to until I figured out that I might could get the TL updated that would show some old history and help my scores out.)

So, we'll see... I'll keep ya'll updated.

:roll:

1) I have new dispute letters prepared for EQ and TU. I plan to send them out this week.

2) I plan to pull my FICO's around the first of July. I want to see where I'm at. I'm concerned that I pushed the student loan accounts a little too hard. I might have gone overboard and lost some history there.

3) I'm tossing around the idea of once I get a couple more baddies off my report is to apply for an AMEX and transfer a bunch of the debt that we still have. I thinking of getting out of CCCS. If I do, that should be interesting. I know I can do this on my own. Why pay them higher interest plus the $25 a month for them to pay my creditors? I'll need to see where I'm at FICO wise and figure out if it is possible. Plus, most of the remaining accounts happen to be in my wife's name. So, I figure if I get a lifetime balance transfer rate I might as well get the history for making the payments.

I think I'm getting brave. I hope I'm not making mistakes and setting myself up for a fall. :roll:

Been a while since I've given an update. (Work is beyond crazy busy.)

Got the Zales card but sent the ring back. Oh well, I'll find something someday.

I think I've talked myself out of the AMEX for a bit. *someday*

TU has been kind. They removed the BOA/MBNA that had two lates. That should help me quite a bit. They didn't tell me that in the letter but I noticed it on TC when I updated today. They did mention the two student loan accounts that they deleted.

The only thing EQ has told me so far is that they have passed the disputes to their affiliate in Texas (CSC, I think?). Actually they did delete some student loans.

Shell and JC Penney are reporting.

HSBC is all paid (well I'm sending off the $2.14 check tomorrow. I guess they ended up charging some interest after the last payment.)

Like I said before, I'm worried that I might have pushed the student loans a little hard. Since they have transferred to a new company I'm thinking about sending a payment even though no payment is due right now. Just to see if I can trick the TL into reporting.

It seems like that is everything for now.

hey mathew I noticed you got that TL dseleted(authorized user)

who did you write the goodwill to?

I disputed with the CRA's bout three weeks ago and it's still there.

I wrote a goodwill to Chase asking them if they would remove some lates. The guy wrote back and said they were valid. He mentioned that since it wasn't my account due to only being an AU that it could be removed. Of course, I quickly wrote back and it got deleted.

The second was MBNA/BOA just recently. I did write them a similar goodwill letter but I don't think that I ever heard back. I just disputed it with the CRA as not mine and I did tell them that it was an AU account.

I think a few people will actually benefit from AU being eliminated from FICO score calculations. It will be interesting to see if any one has trouble due to manual reviews.

Good luck. I hope you have similar successes.

I still haven't gotten my true Fico scores since late May. A TC comparison will have to do for now.

1) One version of my name gone from EX & EQ.

2) WAMU/Providian gone from EQ. (AU - around 50% utilization.)

3) HSBC paid off.

4) One card that I use regularly is paid down.

5) MBNA/BOA deleted.

6) Student loan deleted.

7) One inquiry aged off.

:D

Well, it's been a while since I've updated and unfortunately I don't have many changes to tell you guys about.

1) Shell has increased my limit to $450. Not bad considering it's just a gas card.

2) My wife bought a truck. It's slightly used but I feel that we got a good deal considering we still have the ugly repo reporting. The new loan hasn't started reporting yet. I guess I'll break down and get the FICO's once it starts reporting just to see where I'm really at. TC has been good so far. It's a cheap alternative.

3) I should have one more card paid off by the first of the year. I believe that is the last one that are on my reports. I guess my credit was the worst so they had the highest interest. We've attacked those first.

I'm still using two store cards, one gas card, and one secured credit card.

Well, I just thought I didn't have much to say. I wanted to see what my scores were before the truck loan hit my reports.

Fico Scores:

Jan 2004 (mortgage) around 720.

TransUnion

686 10/22/2007 +17

669 05/27/2007 +15

654 04/28/2007 +15

639 01/25/2007 +5

634 09/22/2006

Equifax

678 10/22/2007 +8

670 05/27/2007 +22

648 04/21/2007 +17

631 02/22/2007 +0

631 01/1/2007 +23

608 10/27/2006

Experian

716 10/22/2007 +34

682 05/27/2007 -1

683 04/28/2007 +0

683 02/2/2007 +0

683 10/27/2006 +0

I *really* wanted to see at least one CRA at 700 by the new year. I am so excited!!!

::cloud9::

Well, it looks like I racked up some inquiries while car shopping.

TU = 9

EQ = 3

EX = 2

It was an interesting weekend.

I've been looking for an armoire for about 6 months or so. I finally found exactly what I wanted at a discount store. I was quite shocked. It's made from that fake wood crap but it was only $99.99. I'm happy. I needed some place to store my clothes. I'm running out of storage.

Then I could not get the laptop to start up this morning. It has been acting crazy for some time now. I saw a good deal on one and decided I better purchase one before the other one completely gave up the ghost. The laptop finally came on tonight. I also bought an external hard drive to get the files and stuff copied off of it before it completely dies.

So when we decided to get the new laptop we went to Wal-Mart. I paid a pretty penny on my other laptop and had nothing but problems. So this time I went for cheap and if it breaks or only lasts for a little while I won't feel as bad. Wal-Mart has some good deals this past weekend. We ended up with a brand new laptop for $398 (or was it 348?) and I paid 119 for the external hard drive.

The only active card that we have that we can charge on at any store is the secured credit card. It only has a $300 limit. I had already put the wardrobe cabinet on it so it was way out of the question. I decided to apply for a Discover Wal-Mart card and go for the 12 months no interest.

The next thing I hear from the cashier is...

You're APPROVED for the discover and you have a $2000 limit! :shock:

SSSSSSSWWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

I also checked my credit report from TC. The truck loan is reporting. They never sent me an alert for the new account. Oh well, at least it's on there.

Woohoo! It's been a good weekend.

I keep telling my wife that "christmas" is over after the weekend that we had. I didn't even tell you guys all the stuff she got. :oops:

:)

I've never had a Discover card. Of course, it will be GE Money Bank. Hopefully, it will be a good experience. I haven't even really researched it much. I thought that it might be a good card to have. Maybe they do some specials throughout the year?

Now, if I can just get my old laptop fixed. It looks like it has completely died now. So much for getting everything off of it before it died. Oh well, I'm planning on calling them soon to see if I can get it repaired. :roll:

Check those FICO's out -- nice work!

Thanks Lyssarene! I can't wait to see them once the Walmart/Discover card and the truck loan start reporting and show a couple of good payments. I *really* want to be above 700 or even better up around 720 when we got our mortgage back in 2004.

So far I think they are reporting on everything except the truck doesn't show up on EQ. Also, the Walmart is showing a $3000 limit with $0 balance. It was only suppose to be $2k. I haven't gotten the card yet so I'm not sure.

I think the laptop is good and dead. They wanted $244 to fix one major component. Whatever that means? I did get them to agree to fixing one thing for free even though it is out of warranty. Once I get it back, I'll try to figure out what to do. No way will I pay $244 when I bought a new one for $348. lol

I think the laptop is good and dead. They wanted $244 to fix one major component. Whatever that means? I did get them to agree to fixing one thing for free even though it is out of warranty. Once I get it back, I'll try to figure out what to do. No way will I pay $244 when I bought a new one for $348. lol

FYI, you can get an external enclosure for 2.5 inch (laptop hard drive). Just take the hard drive out of the old laptop, put it in the new external case, and hook it up to your new computer. I think you can find them for about $20-25.

I took advantage of the Christmas season and purchased something from Zales. I made the purchase on November 13th. As I mentioned in a previous post, I purchased something from them and then I returned it. So this will be the first time that I've bought something and hopefully I can use this to update that account on my credit reports.

I opted for the 3 months no interest. My theory was that I could swing that and have it paid off. Plus they should have updated my CR a couple of times for the purchase. It should help me out because that TL is old. I just haven't hardly used it.

I'm thinking about applying for a Kay's card. I need the help for utilization. There have been a few threads floating around that has gotten me to looking into that card. I *wish* I would have gotten it sooner. I've made several purchases from them.

Ok, after reading the thread below, I finally caved in and applied for a Kay's card. The interest rate is only 10% in Arkansas.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27670

So, my wife asked for a circle diamond pendant. I got that from Zales. Actually, Zales outlet. ;) Then later she mentioned that the cheap chains that come with pendants are too short. (I would imagine that they are probably pretty thin too. She is a preschool teacher with 20 4 year olds. So a good jewelry gift *needs* to be sturdy.) I wish she would have told me that like 3 pendants ago. No wonder she doesn't wear the good ones often.

I got her a 20 inch white gold box chain. I thought that I would apply for a Kay's card while I was there. I had my credit union atm/debit card with me God forbid I got denied in public. Turns out that I didn't need it as I got approved for $7600.00. :shock:

I wish I would have done this almost 5 years ago when I got our wedding rings. Oh well. This should do wonders for my utilization. (I still have the $300 secured card, by the way.)

So, if you guys are considering Kay's I strongly suggest you give them a try. They have good stuff. I've been buying from them for several years.

Ok, I got the Kay's card.

I applied for a Jared and got that too.

Now, I just need to get the JB Robinson card to complete the sterling trifecta. I can't wait until Kay's and Jared's start reporting. :D

Dad is in the hospital so we've had some additional expenses this month. I'm trying to get a loan to help cover some of it and get all of the credit cards that we use all of the time paid off. I don't want to pay those high interest rates. *cringe*

Ok, I got the Kay's card.

I applied for a Jared and got that too.

Now, I just need to get the JB Robinson card to complete the sterling trifecta. I can't wait until Kay's and Jared's start reporting. :D

Ok. I applied for the JB Robinson to complete the trifecta.

https://www.jbrobinson.com/