matthewscott

matthewscott - credit repair progress

I already have a regular store Shell card. It doesn't have any rewards. I had a mastercard from them before but I wasn't kind with it. I did see where they offer 5% rebate on gas and 1% on other stuff with the card. Plus no annual fee if 9 gas purchases a year after the first year. I think I can do that. :lol:

Of course, this is after the introductory offer.

I hope to get back in their good graces with Citi Bank. I looked at their Exxon card but I think the Shell is a better deal.

The app spree continues... :shock:

• Like 1

I applied for a few different accounts lately.

1) Shell Mastercard. I have the regular store card and I use to have the mastercard but it got closed. So I'm trying for it again. They gave me another increase on my card. I believe it was $450 to $650?

2) Dillard's American Express. I have the store card but still trying for the amex.

3) Loan at the credit union for $2500. They also have a credit card for low fixed rates. Once I get my credit improved a little more I might try for it later.

~ I got denied from Lending Tree. The lender was FIA card services and we have an account that is closed that we are still paying on from MBNA. I'm thinking that is why I got denied.

*Fingers Crossed*

Wow, it's great to see someone making so much progress. I can't wait to see how much your AmEx app gets approved for.

LOL, well don't hold your breath. I've been denied for it before. It's for a Dillard's American Express and it's backed by GE Money Bank. It's not a true AMEX. However, I seem to have fairly good relationship with GEMB. It's just been difficult for me to get this card. For instance, several months after the first denial, I got approved for the Walmart Discover for $3k. It might be different though this time. It's been about 9 months since I last applied.

Here is my personal loan thread. I've tried to include all of the information in this thread too but I might have missed something.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279166

I got approved... (below is a copy of my post in the other thread.)

"Ok, I got approved for $2.5k at 10.5%. It is $30.00 a week and it is scheduled to be paid in just under two years. I could pay it off faster I suppose. I wonder if they report to the credit bureaus. If so, I wonder when it will report. After all, I have the money in hand."

:D

Here is the latest...

1) Refinanced vehicle with local credit union. The interest rate went down 2% to 7.94%. We got to skip a payment and it still should be paid off faster than the other loan would have been. This is the same credit union where I got the personal loan.

2) I decided to double my secured card credit limit. Hopefully, that will help the relationship that I have with that bank. I'll have the card one year so I hope that they will unsecure it in March. The previous limit was $300. It was pretty easy to charge that up and then pay it off.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280155

3) I have an old credit card on my credit report that is being paid off in the next couple of weeks. It is being paid by CCCS.

4) I'm really wanting an American Express Clear card. I have a few things that I want to accomplish first but that is my goal. I'm already picked out a few things that I want to improve first and I'm working on those. Hopefully, I'll get it done pretty soon.

5) I asked Shell about their reporting. I've paid the card off and I have a couple recent credit limit increases from $350 up to $675. Not bad for a gas card. Anyway, according to TC, it hasn't been updated since June.

6) The personal loan and the auto refinance hasn't appeared on my credit reports. It would be a shame if they don't report to the credit bureaus. Maybe they are running a little behind. After all, those accounts just got opened at the beginning of this month. I'm just impatient.

I think that is it for now.

5) I asked Shell about their reporting. I've paid the card off and I have a couple recent credit limit increases from $350 up to $675. Not bad for a gas card. Anyway, according to TC, it hasn't been updated since June.

Long story short, they are going through a computer system upgrade and they have stopped reporting.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?p=887341

I can't get the American Express Clear card off of my brain. :roll:

Before I want to update my Fico's and apply for the AMEX, I have a few things left to do.

I'm seeing progress! (02/04/08)

More progress! (02/06/08)

App spree and more progress! (02/08/08)

1) Zales - they are suppose to be in the process of updating. They haven't updated since 2004. (Experian is showing current information as of Jan. 24th.) Updated on Experian and Transunion.

2) US Bank - I've paid in full. It still shows almost a very high balance. Last updated on 12/31/07. I also sent in extra money to boost the secured deposit. They said the deposit should increased the credit limit on 2/8/08. Shows PIF on Experian and Transunion. Now showing PIF on Equifax as well.

3) Chase should be reporting PIF and closed. Last updated on 1/4/08 and 1/6/08. *nothing* PIF is showing on TU and EX.

4) Dillard's should be PIF. Last updated on 1/13/08. Showing $41 on Experian. Updated on EQ and TU now as well.

Things that are done or stuff that I'm not waiting on:

1) Shell - I doubt they will be updating anytime soon. At least it is stuck at a $54 balance. It still has the old $350 limit instead of $675. *nothing*

2) Kay's, Walmart, and JC Penney have all updated.

3) Chase Auto should be updating that we've paid. Not sure if the credit union will be reporting or not. Updated on Experian and Transunion.

** I should call about the student loans. They aren't reporting on all three. This is low priority.

I would love to be above 700 on at least 2 of the 3 credit bureaus. I just have a feeling that EQ will let me down. lol I think this is a reasonable goal.

I want to apply for the clear card once I feel that my reports look the best that they can at the time. Hopefully, it should be early Feburary when this is all ready. I have my Suze Fico kit ready. :lol:

I'm also seeing serious bumpage on TU. I'm down to 5 inquires over there. I know I had at least 11 at one time. I'm sitting at 6 on both EX and EQ.

Inquiries now show 5 for TU, 8 for EX, and 7 for EQ.

Balance Transfer: http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?p=897200

I've been posting about a balance transfer card. Here is a copy of my update post of tonight's app spree. I have mixed feelings. We'll see how it turns out once I get everything in the mail. As far as AMEX... ::thunderously::

Ok, other than the obvious problems on my accounts, apparently, I haven't been spending enough on my accounts... what the crap?!?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I got greedy. I saw another post about a site with HSBC and do a soft pull and they would show you what you were pre-approved for. I was feeling lucky so I applied. I went through with it all because the terms was acceptable. Then got approved for $2000. :roll:

I applied for the Open Road card and got approved. I asked for $4200 balance transfer. I have no idea of the amount that I was approved for. :shock:

Then I tried for the Clear card from American Express. I thought for sure I would get it. Nope. Declined. :twisted:

Here are their reasons:

Delinquency reported on accounts (Experian)

Number, type, and recency of inquiries (Experian)

Too many accounts with balances (Experian)

The amount of spending on your bank and retail credit card accounts over the last twelve months is too low. (Experian)

Balance Transfer: http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?p=897200

I've been posting about a balance transfer card. Here is a copy of my update post of tonight's app spree. I have mixed feelings. We'll see how it turns out once I get everything in the mail. As far as AMEX... ::thunderously::

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I got greedy. I saw another post about a site with HSBC and do a soft pull and they would show you what you were pre-approved for. I was feeling lucky so I applied. I went through with it all because the terms was acceptable. Then got approved for $2000. :roll:

I applied for the Open Road card and got approved. I asked for $4200 balance transfer. I have no idea of the amount that I was approved for. :shock:

Then I tried for the Clear card from American Express. I thought for sure I would get it. Nope. Declined. :twisted:

Here are their reasons:

Delinquency reported on accounts (Experian)

Number, type, and recency of inquiries (Experian)

Too many accounts with balances (Experian)

The amount of spending on your bank and retail credit card accounts over the last twelve months is too low. (Experian)

But, your results are great. You got $2000 out of HSBC and you got the Open Roads card. They kicked me to the curb. Did they pull EX?? That's who they pulled for me.

But, your results are great. You got $2000 out of HSBC and you got the Open Roads card. They kicked me to the curb. Did they pull EX?? That's who they pulled for me.

Yeah, it's not all bad news. I wouldn't mind the HSBC. I was just disappointed because I couldn't use it for the balance transfer. Oh well, maybe that will take the place of the Clear card.

Yeah, if the Discover works out then I'll be very happy about it.

I just can't believe AMEX turned me down.

I have been reading your thread. I have pulled all three reports and promptly disputed all negatives on my reports. I received my first responce after the disputes from EQ. They verified everything. As I have been doing my homework and reading the site. The next step is to contact Emerge which is a charge off. I tracked them down and they are Compucredit. I was able to speak to someone and they were able to pull up the info on the old account. But...can they come up with all the data on the account? I am also going to send letters to Target and HSBC. All charge offs. Did you use any of the letter templete's for the Dispute with the lender provided? If so which one?

You are my hero. Congratulations. I appreciate your help.

Yeah, it's not all bad news. I wouldn't mind the HSBC. I was just disappointed because I couldn't use it for the balance transfer. Oh well, maybe that will take the place of the Clear card.

Yeah, if the Discover works out then I'll be very happy about it.

I just can't believe AMEX turned me down.

Ok, I realize now that I had myself a little pity party and was upset because I didn't get the clear card.

Well, today I thought it over and decided that instead I would try for another card that I've been wanting for some time now. I've been turned down a few times. I tried again and instantly got approved. I'm pretty happy. It has similar rewards and somewhat similar terms as the clear card. So, I found my replacement. I don't know any of the details on the account whatsoever.

I think now that I just need to wait and see how the discover balance transfer turns out. They already sent me an email saying the card was on the way. I think that is a good sign but I'll feel better once it all goes through.

I also realize that I got upset too quick with HSBC. I actually closed the browser down before finishing. It had already said I was approved for $2000 so hopefully I'll get something in the mail from them so I'll know the status of the account. I really need a 0% card on purchases so I hope it works out. If it doesn't then I'll find another card to apply for.

I really need to just learn to slow down and take it one step at a time. I hope you guys can learn from this and just take it as such. We simply can't win all the battles all of the time. But I think persistence does pay off. I hope you all continue to work on what you need to improve. It certainly has worked well for me over time.

Good luck and I'll try to keep you all updated on how these new accounts progress. xangelx

I have been reading your thread. I have pulled all three reports and promptly disputed all negatives on my reports. I received my first responce after the disputes from EQ. They verified everything. As I have been doing my homework and reading the site. The next step is to contact Emerge which is a charge off. I tracked them down and they are Compucredit. I was able to speak to someone and they were able to pull up the info on the old account. But...can they come up with all the data on the account? I am also going to send letters to Target and HSBC. All charge offs. Did you use any of the letter templete's for the Dispute with the lender provided? If so which one?

You are my hero. Congratulations. I appreciate your help.

Well, thanks for reading and replying. That alone is encouraging to me. I wish you the best in your journey as well.

Now, as far as your question goes I think that maybe you should try to send out another letter and dispute all attributes of the account. You'll have to really search for the post that I have in mind. I remember someone laying out every account detail and sending in a letter saying to verify every piece of the account. I think that worked for them.

To be honest, I've disputed some but most of it was just authorized user stuff on my reports. I've gotten some of my own stuff off as well. I've done about all that I can to clean up my reports that I can. The rest of the bad stuff that is left will just have to age off.

I've spent the rest of my time trying to pay down debt and increase the number of account on my report. I've tried to stay prime or at least as close to prime accounts as I can. I really want to keep it that way. Since things stay on the reports for so long I want it all to look good down the road. That way when I'm pretty much done and all repaired then I'll be proud of the accounts that I have. So speaking of that and my recent posts. I really need to just take it in stride and keep trying. These accounts are prime for a reason and that's why I should expect a decline occasionally. I'll keep working though. It's all worth it in the end.

Good luck to you and be sure to post and update us on your progress.

GEMB/DILLARD pulled TU. Discover and Amex both pulled EX. HSBC pulled EQ.

EQ is my worst. I'll blame the $2000 limit on that. I hope I got the card and didn't give up too quick. :roll:

Sounds like you have had luck with the 3 CB disputing. Have you ever disputed wih the original credit card company to prove that you took out the card in the first place? What were your results?

Maybe you're referring to the accounts that I opened up after they were closed or not used in a while. Actually, with Zales, I opened an account, never got the card, and therefore never used it. I think I've opened about three accounts on my reports and used them. I think that it has helped my history.

On the ones that I got removed, those were authorized user accounts. I believe I just asked the banks to remove their TL from my reports.

Hi,

I am new to this whole thing and am very overwhelmed. I am glad I found CIC. I am in the process of Chapter 7 (lawyers creating paperwork). Long story short...I tried to run a small business (retail) meanwhile my husband gets laid off for 7.5 months. Needless to say, I am miserable. One thing that I did do and didn't realize that I did was opened up most of the credit cards in my name only. Getting to the question here...

I am trying to prepare for this Bankruptcy filing and will be doing so individually. My question is, when my husband pulled his individual CR the four big accounts that I am delinquent on list on his CR as well, even though he is just a Authorized User. How do we go about getting those taken off so that at least one of us has decent credit?

Thanks for everyone's advise. I have been reading on this site for most of the day.