lordon

An opinion please

Wondering what you all think of this...

oc (discover) has ca attorney collecting on thier behalf

collection attorney gave account, not sold! gave, account to mann bracken. (another collection attorney)(I believe because mann bracken is licensed to sue me in my state, and original ca attorney is not. mann bracken said I had 6 months to pay or litigation, but account is still with oc discover but being represented by original ca attorney(zwicker and associates)

ps.. did dv mann bracken

Hopefully I'm not prolonging the inevitable by doing this but I cmrrr'd discover and discover's ceo and got confirmation today that it was sighned for, How long do I wait to HEAR BACK FROM DISCOVER?

so hopefully I didnt confuse you too much, but I guess my questions are

If o ca attorney hands the account over to another ca attorney is this so suit can be filed?

If so how long does this normally take? I am trying to get money up for settlement (that is what I want to do)

I could definately get the money up with in a 6 month period , but Im afraid that suit could come before them wondering if I should offer settlement in form of payments?

Isn't discover the only one that can sue me since they are the one that still owns the accnt? , mann bracken cant sue if they dont own the account right? They aren't even the original ca attorney.

Anyway advice would be greatly appreciated ! or any help sorting this out would be great.

ps.. answer to dv to mann bracken so far but has only been arox 2 weeks

If o ca attorney hands the account over to another ca attorney is this so suit can be filed?

If so how long does this normally take? I am trying to get money up for settlement (that is what I want to do)

Most likely, the original CA gave up trying to collect and sent the account back to OC, who then re-assigned it to MannBrackish. And yes, that's probably because MB is licensed in your state.

I could definately get the money up with in a 6 month period , but Im afraid that suit could come before them wondering if I should offer settlement in form of payments?
How long? Hard to tell. Depends more on their work load than anything you have control over. You might try calling Discover directly and see if you can work something out with them. No real good would come from having MB involved.
Isn't discover the only one that can sue me since they are the one that still owns the accnt? , mann bracken cant sue if they dont own the account right? They aren't even the original ca attorney.

Yes, the OC would be the one's to sue...but they'd need a lawyer to do that...MB is as good as any.