bzyb

Target card with low scores?

Hello all,

This is my first thread although I have read the boards for about 3 months now. The information found here is incredibly invaluable!

Question: Has anyone been able to get a Target card wth low scores??

I was going thru the Target store check out in person and I paid with my debit visa card. The clerk told me I was pre-approved for a Target guest card and I completed the app in the store and 2 seconds later I was approved with a $200 CL. My scores are between 575 and 600 (FICOS). I have read a lot of people got lucky with this one. The clerk told me to enter I made $75k per yr and it is an automatic approval. I did, it worked and I have the card. I buy/pay quickly and request a CL increase in a few months.

I had the same thing happen as Kat and I didnt trust it, so I declined but at the time my scores were not as high, I am curiuos if they know how much is in your account when you swipe that card?

I applied for Target with 626 Eq, 624 TU. Approved and rcvd card w/i a week. I had to call though cause they could not verify my identity. You know C.reports are wrong. Dont have updated address, workplace, etc. I believe they check TU, some other states EQu. Good luck.

Target Red Card was one of my first cards post-BK7. Score in the 600-620 range roughly four months after BK7. Approved for $300. Two years later they converted me to Target Visa and raised my limit to $1000. Last month, they raised my limit to $1500 without notifying me.

I went to target today and was "pre-approved" at the register again, this time I apllied and got "requires further processing". Is that a nice way of being denied, or the like the lady said my address is different on my Driver License?

Yea, when I applied it said something to that affect, and I thought.. oh sh*t

.. denied... but they called me the next day and asked me

specific questions about my CR.

Like,

You may have a mortgage with one of these companies

A. Wells Fargo

B. Bank Of America

C. Lond O Lakes Bank

D. None of the Above

ete etc... then she said, OK you're approved.

I'm still too afraid to apply for Target (though I want it bad!). I am deathly afraid to DV...but I should give it a try. I don't have that many negative accounts and my new accounts (CJ and Orchard) aren't showing yet.

My FAKOS:

TU: 518

EX: 518

EQ: 525

I'm still too afraid to apply for Target (though I want it bad!). I am deathly afraid to DV...but I should give it a try. I don't have that many negative accounts and my new accounts (CJ and Orchard) aren't showing yet.

My FAKOS:

TU: 518

EX: 518

EQ: 525

What does DV'ing have to do with applying?

As I posted in my "credit repair journey" post...i just recently (couple weeks into my repair process) applies for a taret card. I have had no improvements yet on my credit...io just wanted to try. They rejected my weak stuff! Sent it into the stands. They also told me to "not bring my weak sh** into their house." :( My fico for EQ is a lowly, dirty 460-something.

The key to Target is not to apply! I told my bro, just use your debit card there. Guess what, THE NEXT DAY he got a pre-approval receipt. $200 CL with a 514 score. With no other open revolving accounts his FICO jumped 27 pts. His CL just recently got bumped to $500 after 3 months.

Keep shopping there. Maybe, just maybe, you'll get the pre-approval receipt.

The key to Target is not to apply! I told my bro, just use your debit card there. Guess what, THE NEXT DAY he got a pre-approval receipt. $200 CL with a 514 score. With no other open revolving accounts his FICO jumped 27 pts. His CL just recently got bumped to $500 after 3 months.

Keep shopping there. Maybe, just maybe, you'll get the pre-approval receipt.

Listen to Kevin, he's our resident Target God!!! Target loves him!!! LOL

denied Target!! Guess I'll start with Crown.

Funny thing the rep told me, she said if you do not have a pre-approval at the reg. they cannot extend credit? I did have pre-app at register, she told me cashier was wrong and I was not so it was not entered that way. I said if you are appolagizing because the cashier did something wrong (also recommended I contact store manager and report the cashier) then remove the Inq. She gave me a #, will let you know.

I did have pre-app at register

Remember, it's not a pre-approved app, but a print out on your receipt. I have heard of those who got the receipt, thought they were denied and called the 1800 number and all was ok. Just keeping shopping there...eventually you might get it.