bzyb

Target card with low scores?

Clever - I will let ya know. I just applied online and was approved, so we will see how long it takes them to start reporting.

They pulled Equifax - that inquiry cost me 7 points! What a crock, I had 8 inquiry deletes yesterday and it only gained me a total of 20.

DH applied for the Target card on 06/29 with a Fico EQ 504 and got approval at the store for $200. We immediately charged something, and paid it off a few days later.

We signed up for TC monitoring yesterday and they are already reporting to EX and EQ. They reported to EX on 07/08..so just over a week after being approved.

Clever - I will let ya know. I just applied online and was approved, so we will see how long it takes them to start reporting.

They pulled Equifax - that inquiry cost me 7 points! What a crock, I had 8 inquiry deletes yesterday and it only gained me a total of 20.

Ha Ha.. I guess I'll let you know, I got my card a couple weeks ago :D

I just got off the phone with Target. I had applied online and got a letter today that they needed me to call since I had a fraud alert on my CR. Woohoo, I was approved! It's only for a 200 CL but it is a start. That limit was with a 633 and the inq dinged me for 3 points.

I use my debit card at Target often but have never received a "pre-approval receipt" thing. I have seen the red card applications at the register though. Is there some minimum purchase amount before they will give you a pre-approve receipt? I usually only buy $20 or less when I'm there..

Or should I just do the red card and forget about the pre-approval thing? My EXP is at 591.

I would just shop there until I got the "pre-approval" receipt. My brothers score was a 515 when he got his...no way he could apply, so I just told him to wait. Turns out he didn't have to wait long...it was like the next day! Since then he's been bumped up to a $500 CL, hasn't been late or missed a payment so far.

I just got off the phone with Target. I had applied online and got a letter today that they needed me to call since I had a fraud alert on my CR. Woohoo, I was approved! It's only for a 200 CL but it is a start. That limit was with a 633 and the inq dinged me for 3 points.

Dispute the inquiry with EQ... it will be gone in 3 days... get your 3 points back.

I went to Target today and used my debit card and before the pymt processed on the card, she asked if I wanted to apply for the card. I said sure, and did the form on the little electronic device. It came back approved $300. Not a huge limit, but it's ok just to have the trade line.

For Equifax it's pretty easy. Use this link:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/sitepage.ehtml?forward=online_dispute

Put in your zip code and submit. Then click the link that says "If you do not have a confirmation number, CLICK HERE to start your investigation. (Do this even though you probably DO have a confirmation number otherwise this won't work)

Then fill in the RED lines, again without putting in the confirmation number.

Then manually type in the inquiries you want removed in a format similar to this:

Top Line:

Collection agency, courthouse, or credit company name:

Inquiry - GEMB/JCP - 02/2007

Bottom line:

Case # or Account #: GEMB/JCP - Inq

Check the "NOT MINE" box for each.

You should have a printed copy or your report open in another window so you can copy the information. You can do up to six at a time and most of us have seen them removed within a couple days.

I went to target bought a stroller with my debt card on the receipt it said pre-approved but I didn't believe it so went home without applying. I thought about it and tried to apply on line but it came back needed more information. the next day I went in to guest service with my pre-approve receipt and I was approved for CL $200 with a tu fico of 540 and EX 577 and no EQ score! I recieved the card today and for my on line app a decline so it pays to just wait for the pre-approval receipt.:lol:

For Equifax it's pretty easy. Use this link:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/sitepage.ehtml?forward=online_dispute

Put in your zip code and submit. Then click the link that says "If you do not have a confirmation number, CLICK HERE to start your investigation. (Do this even though you probably DO have a confirmation number otherwise this won't work)

Then fill in the RED lines, again without putting in the confirmation number.

Then manually type in the inquiries you want removed in a format similar to this:

Top Line:

Collection agency, courthouse, or credit company name:

Inquiry - GEMB/JCP - 02/2007

Bottom line:

Case # or Account #: GEMB/JCP - Inq

Check the "NOT MINE" box for each.

You should have a printed copy or your report open in another window so you can copy the information. You can do up to six at a time and most of us have seen them removed within a couple days.

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it works. Sorry to hijack the thread :oops:

Ok, I got the pre-approval...here's what I did in case anyone cares to emulate.

Friday

I made a purchase including towels and other sundries. $55

Saturday

I bought lunch at the cafe (Got a win a trip receipt) $5

Joined the Pharmacy picked up prescription $25 copay

Bought iPod shuffle and other things totaling $108

When I put my card in for the iPod the checker asked me if I wanted to save 10% by opening a Target Card. I said yes and filled out the application on the little cc terminal. I had to change my address from my scanned drivers license and they scanned a blue sheet of terms in a little pocket folder. After that process I got a receipt claiming that it needs further processing.

The top of the blue sheet says IF you're pre-approved. Is this the one that others have gotten or did I not get the pre-approval? Also does it require further processing because of the address change or do you think its a friendly denial.

There was a 4pt nick in my TU score for the inquiry in MO...

Any thoughts?

No. Imagine walking in the store, making a purchase and declining to apply. You get to your car and at the bottom of your receipt it says "You are pre-approved for a Target card. Simply show your ID and fog up a mirror and we'll give you a card". Now THAT'S the pre-approval!

I spent about $150 dollars (on the stroller:p )and recieved the pre-approval reciept. I don't usually use my debt card shopping there, but my daughter shops there all the time using her debt card( usually spending about $50) and has never got a pre-approval reciept. I told her to just wait til she gets one before applying but she wanted it now!! so she went on line and was approved with an FAKO average of about 590! so it can happen :lol:

I just got a pre-appoval is it guarenteed? Or just better chance?

According to what I've read it's guaranteed...you should have a couple of days to sign up...check back next week and I'll let you know for sure cause my scores suck bad.

-------------------------------------------

Another thing, they pulled TU and today it disapeared...Meaning I no longer have a hard pull from Target on my inquiries list...weird. Can they do that or maybe it got refiled under soft pulls or something by TrueCredit. I didn't think they could pull a hard check out the report and make it look like nothing happened...