bzyb

Target card with low scores?

A couple of months ago I applied and got "requires further processing" I was declined!

Last week I got another pre-approval, so I went today to apply, and got "we cant complete processing your offer at this time we will contact you by mail in ten days" I do have a fraud alert.

Denial or is this an approval?

I was going thru the Target store check out in person and I paid with my debit visa card. The clerk told me I was pre-approved for a Target guest card and I completed the app in the store and 2 seconds later I was approved with a $200 CL. My scores are between 575 and 600 (FICOS). I have read a lot of people got lucky with this one. The clerk told me to enter I made $75k per yr and it is an automatic approval. I did, it worked and I have the card. I buy/pay quickly and request a CL increase in a few months.

Wow, the clerk is suggesting you commit fraud?

I was approved at the register for a target guest card in November 2006 for $200. I used the card for 2 months, paying the balance off completely each month. I have since not used the card and it had a zero balance from January to Current. Today I got a letter with an upgraded Target Visa card with a $5000 limit. I am shocked. The APR is pretty high but I made a pact with myself that I am going to always pay full balances at the end of each month - so I guess the APR doesn't matter much.

No red card for me. Applied today and they denied me for "bk reported" and "time since delinquency is too recent or unknown."

The Bk was in 2000 and I have no current bad accounts.

I dunno:shock:

Did you give them a call ?:confused:

This is interesting. I am about to do the Crown Jewelers credit and would love to do this, but I am a little worried since I used to have a Target account many years ago that got charged off.

Earlier this year I started working on improving my credit and I was able to get rid of the OC (Target) from my reports BUT I am still showing Arrow Financial Services as a collection account with the OC being A.F.S. Assignee of Target. So what should I do???? It seems to me like Target sold this account to A.F. S. and now Arrow is collecting for them? I am not sure. This account is scheduled to stay on record only until April 2008.

Do you guys think I should do it if I get that pre-approval? I would only possibly do it if I got the pre-approval, don't think I should try to apply.

My scores are TU: 584 EX: 583 EQ: 581

CJ does NOT check you're credit report. You can get them easily. It also sounds like you're already out of Sol with that account so I wouldn't worry about that one either.

I think that people have a really, really bad misconception when it comes to calling after you've been denied. Although there are some people on the forums who have had luck with this, including myself with one particular bank, it's not generally the miracle solution.

When you have an FA on your credit report and are denied credit, you can certainly call the bank and tell them that you have an FA and you wanted to know if identify verification would appeal their denial. Unfortunately, if you were denied for reasons such as a BK or too many collections accounts despite having an FA, most banks won't verify your identity and/or appeal your decision.

This specifically happened to me with Target. I applied and was denied. I waited three days and spoke with a supervisor in the credit department who was incredibly nice and helpful. I explained to her that I had a Fraud Alert on my CR and was denied credit, and was curious to know if identity verification would assist in appealing the denial. She explained to me that I was denied on the basis of my BK and the number of derogatory accounts that are on my CR, not my FA. This also happened to me with Kay Jewelers, Hooters and Bank of America.

I've learned that it's best to call banks when you receive the "application under review" notification after you apply rather than an immediate denial. ;)

You're welcome. :)

I just don't want people to have the idea that, if they call a bank after they been denied, they can typically appeal the decision. I had that mentality for awhile which resulted in a few idiotic application-making decisions, thinking that if I was denied I would just call the bank and talk to them. Whoops. Good thing TC accidentally B*d the inquiries off of my report.

Everyone gets that. CALL them. They will verify info over the phone. If they say it's due to a fraud alert, then ask to be transferred to their fraud department who will ask you questions from your report. You should be able to know your fate today.

Everyone gets that. CALL them. They will verify info over the phone. If they say it's due to a fraud alert, then ask to be transferred to their fraud department who will ask you questions from your report. You should be able to know your fate today.

Calling today! Thanks! :D

Target told me that they don't verify information over the phone. LMAO!!!! They hate me! :twisted:

Wow, what a surpise. :roll:

The lady told me that 60% of the time, the applicant is denied. The other 40% of the time, the application didn't go through because something was entered incorrectly and they can't verify the info.

Oh well. I knew I should have waited...but Target just opened last week here!

Target Customer service ALWAYS gives the wrong info. You have to be transferred to their internal fraud department who will know what's going on. customer service usually says to call the credit bureau to get numbers updated and such and such which is a wild goose chase.

I just helped a local friend with this last week, CS told him ridiculous stuff, I made him call back and speak to Fraud. he had his approval that day, so as far as I know nothing has changed since I got my card.

After I applied, I spoke with a woman in the credit department. She informed me that the codes showing on my application were leading her to believe that TransUnion couldn't verify my address on my application and that I would be receiving a letter in the mail within two weeks. She gave me a specific mailing address to write-in to to have my application re-opened if I provide verification documents, which she told me were not allowed to be faxed in. I asked her if they could do verification over the phone, and she said no...

I'm actually calling right now after reading Cynic's last post and requesting to speak with someone in the fraud department...

The CSR sounded really surprised when I asked to be transferred to the fraud department. Being transferred as I type....Listening to really bad hold music...Completely and utterly frustrated...Imitating the little dancing smiley face guy while sitting in my chair...Still listening to really bad music...Tapping my feet...Hmph.

ALRIGHT.

Just hung-up the phone. Specifically asked to be transferred to the fraud department. CSR attempted to transfer me and then came back on the phone to tell me that a letter was sent out informing me as to the reasons why I was denied for the card. I asked her why the fraud department wouldn't speak to me personally and she said that they've been receiving an influx of calls lately and their new policy is to speak directly to the CSR. HAHAHAH!!!!!!

ALRIGHT.

Just hung-up the phone. Specifically asked to be transferred to the fraud department. CSR attempted to transfer me and then came back on the phone to tell me that a letter was sent out informing me as to the reasons why I was denied for the card. I asked her why the fraud department wouldn't speak to me personally and she said that they've been receiving an influx of calls lately and their new policy is to speak directly to the CSR. HAHAHAH!!!!!!

Word sure does travel fast. I guess they caught on, but what difference would it make to speak with someone who takes the time to call.:confused: