bzyb

Target card with low scores?

I have officially given up on Target. It's just not meant to be for me. :twisted:

They must just not like you. Target was one of the first cards I was approved for after BK7. Initial $300 CL with an increase to $500 2 months later. Sounds like discrimination to me.

They must just not like you. Target was one of the first cards I was approved for after BK7. Initial $300 CL with an increase to $500 2 months later. Sounds like discrimination to me.

I can't wait until I get my letter in the mail and read their reasons for denial. I'm thinking that someone from their approval department is trolling on the forums, has seen my avatar and is denying me on the basis that I too closely resemble the President and that I'm from a country that ends with "stan" .... :twisted:

Target Customer service ALWAYS gives the wrong info. You have to be transferred to their internal fraud department who will know what's going on. customer service usually says to call the credit bureau to get numbers updated and such and such which is a wild goose chase.

I just helped a local friend with this last week, CS told him ridiculous stuff, I made him call back and speak to Fraud. he had his approval that day, so as far as I know nothing has changed since I got my card.

So, the CS department will just tell you that you have been denied?

I have officially given up on Target. It's just not meant to be for me. :twisted:
You're not missing much. It was my second post-BK7 card issued back in 2005. Now the limit has gone to $1500. But I don't think I've used the card in the past 18 months. Target is just slightly upscale from the garbage pale of America: Wal-Mart.

targetmw1.png

I guess I'll have to wait for the card to come to find out what the details are! There's no way they pulled the CRAs for this; it was practically an instant approval (less than 10 seconds from the time I hit Submit).

THANKS - CIC POSTERS!

Second CC approval since repair started in July!

targetmw1.png

I guess I'll have to wait for the card to come to find out what the details are! There's no way they pulled the CRAs for this; it was practically an instant approval (less than 10 seconds from the time I hit Submit).

THANKS - CIC POSTERS!

Second CC approval since repair started in July!

For future reference, everyone:

1) Yes, they pulled a CRA.

2) If you want to know your Target limit immediately (since they don't specify it), here's a little trick: pretend you're taking them up on their offer to "shop now" to take advantage of the 10% discount. Your limit will then be revealed to you. ;)

I went to target today and was "pre-approved" at the register again, this time I apllied and got "requires further processing". Is that a nice way of being denied, or the like the lady said my address is different on my Driver License?

I would give them a call in a few days to see what happens. Target has been pretty good in this regard.

Hi folks!

I found this on Yahoo Answers and thought I would post it.

"I'm a manager at Target, so I can tell you exactly what is happening.

If you pay using a credit card or debit card (with Visa or Mastercard logo) on a regular basis and are not declined, the system will eventually kick out a pre-approval slip. It is not accessing your credit report unless you actually complete the application for the card.

If you do receive a pre-approval slip, you are guaranteed a credit card, regardless of your credit, as long as you are 18 years old and provide acceptable ID (US Driver's License, State ID Card, Military ID or Passport).

The credit card you would receive varies on your actual credit rating which won't be checked until you redeem the slip.

Some people only qualify for a Target Guest Card which can only be used at Target and have small limits ($200-$700) and high interest rates (around 22.9%, not sure offhand).

Others may qualify for Target Visa Cards which can be used anywhere Visa is accepted and have higher limits ($1000-$12,500) and variable interest rates (from 9.9% to around 22.9%) depending on credit scores.

Target instituted the program after credit application numbers began to drop. They are very invested in getting guests to apply for the card because research shows that, in addition to the added revenue from finance charges, guests who have a Target card spend much more per visit than those without one.

Whether it is worth it to apply is up to the individual. You do get 10% off for one day of shopping when approved and can take advantage of other programs to earn future discounts. You can also set up your card so that Target sends 1% of all your Target purchases back to a school of your choice.

If you pay off your card every month and shop at Target a lot, it's probably worth it. If you are trying to make a large purchase and just need some additional credit to cover it, it's probably not a good choice to apply. The 10% off you save initially will be lost to overwhelming finance charges.

Hope this helps."

Here is the link also. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aoidvto70sqMQ10NcXhoPEEjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20070413054230AAxXHUb

Maybe this person is a manager; maybe not. But it sounds about right.:D

• Like 1

Most likely i will be denied with a CH 7 BK discharged 4/02?

Ive tried kays, musicians friend, GEMB, sears, all denied in last month..i dont know what to do. My average fako score is 605

I have one CC with HSBC opened 2/07- never late.

How do i build credit if no one will give me a card?

Most likely i will be denied with a CH 7 BK discharged 4/02?

Ive tried kays, musicians friend, GEMB, sears, all denied in last month..i dont know what to do. My average fako score is 605

I have one CC with HSBC opened 2/07- never late.

How do i build credit if no one will give me a card?

Have you checked out the sticky above about Credit after BK?

I just applied in store at Target and got the needs further processing; we will contact you with in 10 days message.I went to the DMV got a new ID with my current address on it-which I just received in the mail today. So I brought it in to Target with me. I did not want to get the message above from Target so that is why I ordered the new ID in the first place.

I had a fraud alert which I made sure it was removed before I applied at Target also.

I applied in store because people say it is easier to get approved.

I wanted to make sure everything was in order before I applied.

I have 1 derogatory mark on my EQ credit report from Sallie Mae. It shows up as a charge off. I wrote to Sallie Mae the other day to change the listing. The credit bureaus never remove it and I have disputed it with them several times.

Can one charge off get me denied at Target?:confused:

Since I love Target and love this thread, I thought I'd check in on it. And since I just got back into town from a long international hiatus, I figured that I'd give myself a laugh and apply for the card again.

AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I received the "further processing" notice with the "check application status" link and an "application ID number". Of course, I'm thinking that maybe Target is going to show me some love...Maybe, just maybe, I'll get myself a nice shiny bullseye card to put in my wallet. So I click the link and enter my information and what happens? The login page refreshes and I can't see what the heck is going on.

:evil:

I'm telling ya...

WAIT - I checked the link.

And I was approved. Go $200!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I'm in the same holding pattern as lovebug5 was... Hey lovebug5, how long did it take before you got your approval? I keep getting the refresh to the info page..

If they pull TU for me, they can't. Frozen. If they pull EX for me, they can't. Frozen. If they pull EQ for me they can, fico 670 :)

I'm in the same holding pattern as lovebug5 was... Hey lovebug5, how long did it take before you got your approval? I keep getting the refresh to the info page..

If they pull TU for me, they can't. Frozen. If they pull EX for me, they can't. Frozen. If they pull EQ for me they can, fico 670 :)

Are you attempting to cut and paste your application ID number into the required field? Because if so, it's not going to work...Manually type it in without the hyphens. :)

I literally figured out the fact that I was entering my application ID wrong, changed it and BOOM! ... I was approved. Not sure why it keeps bouncing you back. I would assume that it's not an automatic denial, considering that the website appears to be having some difficulties!