AU - does anyone have experience with Bank of America?

aspire

Few weeks ago I was added as an authorized user on an active BofA credit account. I just called to BofA. Customer service representative said that they do not report authorized users to the CRAs!!::BigGun::

That is incorrect! I was added as an au with boFA and it reported less then a week later.

Home Depot told me that they didn't report AUs either.

Actually they report your name and the card holder's address. If it doesn't match yours, it won't fall on your CR. If the card holder's address is NOT on your CR, go to truecredit....BEFORE you pull the latest bureau, go to the "my account" link. Below where your address is, there are blocks for "previous address". Put card holder's address there. Update. Go pull your CR. Viola! There is your AU acct! :mrgreen:

(Not just on TU! I did this and Home Depot immediately appeared on my EX!!!)

Home Depot told me that they didn't report AUs either.

Actually they report your name and the card holder's address. If it doesn't match yours, it won't fall on your CR. If the card holder's address is NOT on your CR, go to truecredit....BEFORE you pull the latest bureau, go to the "my account" link. Below where your address is, there are blocks for "previous address". Put card holder's address there. Update. Go pull your CR. Viola! There is your AU acct! :mrgreen:

(Not just on TU! I did this and Home Depot immediately appeared on my EX!!!)

because of this flaw in the way they report data..by addresses, not ss#'s..

"unethical" consumers,(as defined by the c.b.'s) can create new credit files on themselves by being added as an authorized user on someone elses account if that account shows a different address not on the consumers personal cr and if the last name is different from that individual consumer as well...:wink:

I spoke with BOA. They said I must be credit account co-owner. And then they will report it to CRAs.

.................02/07.......5/07

FAKO

TU/EX/EQ....562/?/?....619/612/635

LP..............38...........30

CL..............5............1

I'm in Texas and was added about 1 month ago and it showed up for EQ in about a week and then on May 1st it showed up on TU.

My buddy was told that he had to apply for a new card because it wouldn't report.

So they are just pulling his leg and wanting him to get a card???

Do we have a list of all the cards that will report AU? Also this previous address addition may change up the whole ball game of who can report.

Brad

May I ask what sort of FICO score increase you got from being added as an AU. I just got added as an AU on one of my husbands prime cc that he has had for over 7 yrs in perfect standing. CL is $5000 with a $300 bal. Do you think this will have an effect on my score and if so, any guesstimate? thnx

May I ask what sort of FICO score increase you got from being added as an AU. I just got added as an AU on one of my husbands prime cc that he has had for over 7 yrs in perfect standing. CL is $5000 with a $300 bal. Do you think this will have an effect on my score and if so, any guesstimate? thnx

my score increased 80-90points but I didn't have any cc reporting. It depends if you have any or not to how much to will impact.

back to my question...

My buddy was told that he had to apply for a new card because it wouldn't report.

So they are just pulling his leg and wanting him to get a card???

Do we have a list of all the cards that will report AU? Also this previous address addition may change up the whole ball game of who can report.

Brad

Don't worry about what they told you! More than one person has stated that they do report AU's. Just get added and don't ask them any questions.

If addresses match it will show up on your credit reports.

Will all companies?

Are they saying that because they want you to open a card? That's what it seems like...

Reporting procedures are the same for all, I wonder?

100 points for me because it was a large open credit line, 30 years old with 0% utilization.

I was added to my mother's BofA acct as an AU in July of 2006, basically so I could call the bank on her behalf when needed. We sent them a signed letter with my address and SSN, and they added me pretty quickly. So unless the policy has changed, you may want to speak with a supervisor.