Need a little bit of help letter from Household Bank

DeeT

I sent a dispute to EQ, TU, EX on April 13 for an account listed as

Hsbc Bank NV FKA Hhlb. This account was showing a zero balance opened 8/2002, Bal Amt 0, date closed 2/2003

Current Status-Charge off

I honestly don't know anything about these people.

I just received a letter today from Household Bank

Dear D

We are writing to you regarding your Account issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A

Recently we received a dispute from one of the three major credit-reporting agencies stating that you were disputing your reported Account information. We have completed our investigation and identified the Account in question as your Household Account, which has been purchased by another lender. Because at one time your Account was owned by HSBC Bank, formerly known as Household Bank, the item on your credit bureau report may be identified as HSBC Bank FKA HHLB.

If you still dispute this item you may write to us at:

HSBC Card Services

Attention: Bureau Dispute Processing

PO Box 19360

Portland OR 97280

You are important to us should you have any questions concerning your account please contact Customer Service 503-293-4037. Please refer to the following reference number 7429-15APR07

Question 1. My credit reports list account as Hsbc Bank NV FKA Hhlb. They are saying it may have been HSBC Bank FKA HHLB. Do I reply to the OC or do I send a copy to the CB telling them to remove this from my reports. Especially since I never had an account with HSBC Bank FKA HHLB. or do I DV the OC before contacting the CB

In advance as always Thanks you for your help

I have the same issue with HSBC NV and got a very similar response. They report the balance as 0 owed but have no data in the account because it was sold. I sent a second letter requesting investigation to the OC and also sent a copy of the letter to the 3 CRA's asking them how they verified this account when the company gave me this letter saying they have no data on this account. I am waiting to see what happens.

I was successful with them. They are owned by HSBc and orchard bank and household card report as HSBC. I sent them a letter in response to the letter you got. I got the same letter. I told them that if I did indeed have an account which I am not aware of I would like to pay the bill. So can they send me a copy of a contract bearing my signature show me that I had an account with them. I also reminded them that by law they had to show me proof of the account or delete. This is the letter I got in return. A delete from all three CRAs

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266433

• 1 year later...
Guest Ret2Go

Hello everyone. I got a summons for court regarding my balance with Household Bank. I called a lawyer and was simply told to settle it. Unfortunately, I found this website too late to go through the steps. I only have a day or two to respond. I want to do something but don't know the best line of defense except to say the balance is wrong.

Any suggestions? HELP:(

Hello everyone. I got a summons for court regarding my balance with Household Bank. I called a lawyer and was simply told to settle it. Unfortunately, I found this website too late to go through the steps. I only have a day or two to respond. I want to do something but don't know the best line of defense except to say the balance is wrong.

Any suggestions? HELP:(

I suggest you post in the leagal forum, by all means file an answer, failure to do so will likely result in a default judgement.