lordon

What is the lowest percentage an oc will take?

What is the lowest percentage an oc that still owns the debt, but has been with an ca attorneys office since september 25 2006 (assigned not sold) will take? the oc is discover.

Haven't you asked this question a few times already? I know this can all be a bit confusing and daunting, but the answer hasn't changed. Before charge off you can get a settlement anywhere from 30%-50% depending upon your negotiaton skills and the general state of your credit report. If the account has charged off you're looking at 50%-60%.

What is the lowest percentage an oc that still owns the debt, but has been with an ca attorneys office since september 25 2006 (assigned not sold) will take? the oc is discover.

Hi Lordon,

Make sure you really review this site's info on settling. You can find the link just to the above left of the "orchard bank cc" link/picture. Review it carefully. You can start out in a direction that's obviously more favorable to you, than work you way up from there. If the debt is less than a year old though, you may have trouble settling it--hoping for a PFD is really reaching unless you're extremely skilled at negotiation. I wish you loads of luck, though.

All you can do is ask of course...just fire off an offer and see what they say. The worst they'll say is "no." Offer them another one and see what happens. If they continuously say "no" and you can't afford the entire amount--well, you may have to leave it for awhile.

Elyse

My letter was really pathetic (almost brought a tear to MY eye<g>), but the two that settled through PFD were 40% each, and the other 3 CA's (for 5 TLs) didn't even respond, they just marked the account "Collection Paid, $0 Balance". The total amount of these 5 TLs was no more than probably $300. I looked at a couple things:

1) what is the highest percentage I would pay

2) what is the lowest amount they would probably take to make it worth their while.

Since the amounts were pretty low, I didn't feel 25% of $50 was enough that they'd even want to screw around with the data entry, so I settled on 40%.