Thought I was settling

Zeinertom

Hello!

Three months ago, I received a call from FIA Card Services regarding a debt to MBNA (Now BofA) of about $1,200, or so, debt. I was about 90 days behind and they offered to settle the account for three consecutive payments of $112 for a total of $336. This month marked the last payment, so I was really excited to finally be closing the book on this account as it has been a thorn in my side for quite some time.

Anyway, today I received a letter from FIA stating that it was time to schedule another payment. I thought I had settled the account!? The office is now closed, so I was not able to talk to an agent, but even before I do, I want to be prepared as to what my rights are, if indeed I have any.

As a footnote, my last payment is not due to post until this Friday. If they were to renege on "our" agreement, could I threaten to put a stop payment on the posting?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

There is no agreement unless you got it in writting and if there is no agreement how can they renig ?

Please say you got this in writting !

I know this isn't what you want to hear but in 99.9% of the cases, it is fact.

D

This is not the case for you, but a lot of times the CA's will do this on old accounts to establish a new DOFD and longer time for them to collect.