Pre Se help - recommendations for books, websites, etc?

I am trying to find a guide to representing yourself in court.

Anyone have recommendations on books, websites, etc?

I already bought the instant download available on this website - and no offence to Admin, but it was all of 10 pages of info I already knew from this site plus reprints of the various Federal statutes that I .... already had free on the web ... a "step by step" guide it was not.

Anyone have recommendations on books, websites, etc?

I already bought the instant download available on this website - and no offence to Admin, but it was all of 10 pages of info I already knew from this site plus reprints of the various Federal statutes that I .... already had free on the web ... a "step by step" guide it was not.

Amazon.com I purchased 3 books (about 100 total) O'Connors Texas Rules-Civil Trials, O'Connors Texas Civil Forms, O'Connors Texas Cause of Action. These are the Bible! Forms 2004/2005 other 2 are 2005 You really need all 3

They can take you step by step thru almost any situation in a Texas court.

If you have the spare time, you might really benefit from spending a couple hours sitting in the court room and just observing. Scan the docket for cases and dates and just ... observe. A lot of the stuff you've been reading will start to fall into place. Plus, you might really enjoy it!

Amazon.com I purchased 3 books (about 100 total) O'Connors Texas Rules-Civil Trials, O'Connors Texas Civil Forms, O'Connors Texas Cause of Action. These are the Bible! Forms 2004/2005 other 2 are 2005 You really need all 3

They can take you step by step thru almost any situation in a Texas court.

Whoa...those are some seriously expensive books. But I can see how they would be worth the money. I wonder if I can find them in the library?

I am working to get my papalegal degree right now (on line) and have found some library's carry a tremendous amount of these types of books but you have to search for the bigger library's. I have to travel about 40 minutes to get to one.

I also frequently visit the law librarys in the court houses

The best resource I found is at the local high school. The high school here has a criminology/law class. I was so stumped after researching the librarys I called the school left a message for the teacher and asked him for help. He was more than happy to help me and the school library had a pretty good selection of books. This was free and he offered to help in the future the teacher is a retired attorney.

If you have a law school close to you they also have student mentors. Since I am taking the class via internet they will help me but I have to pay a fee. It's not large $25.00 for one hour.

Hope this helps.

One resource is a law library and the law librarian. They will

(or should) help you look up the info in the books.

Request for info on how to do a pro se

case in a debt case should get some results, and you can

always make copies of any info you need.

Should be located in the county seat.

I would still invest in one book to at least know the

basics and the terminology.

If you have the spare time, you might really benefit from spending a couple hours sitting in the court room and just observing. Scan the docket for cases and dates and just ... observe. A lot of the stuff you've been reading will start to fall into place. Plus, you might really enjoy it!

I agree w/ this, but also it gives you a good idea about the judges themselves. What I didn't realize up until my experiences with the court system, is each judge has their own pet peeve and personality and that this needs to be taken into consideration upon entering their courtroom. So, get to know the judges by watching to--watch the cases, sure-but also, watch the judge.

Elyse