Jump to content


Recommended Posts

I am filing my motion to set aside a default judgement early next week, after I collect a couple more declarations in support. My question is this.

On my last paycheck, I was garnished (well over 25% i might add!), and I need to make sure there is a stay pending my motion.

Is it automatic in california? Do I need a separate motion or can I throw it into the motion to set aside a default judgement?

Also, how can I recover the amount already garnished? Do I have to sue them? If so can I use small claims? Its for like $600.

By the way, I will be posting a thread soon about my progress so far, to hopefully assist others who have a judgement without service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.