Jump to content

Judgement paid in 2003.

Recommended Posts

I have a judgement that was showing filed on my CR but I paid it back in 2003. I called the court and she said a "satisfaction of judgement" had been entered in June of 2006. and then proceeded to tell me she would make me 3 certified copies of the satisfaction that I could send to the CRA's. I asked if it would be retroactive since it was paid in 2003 and she said it would show paid instead of filed and that would be good enough!! Is this right? I paid this 4 years ago and the 7 years should be up in 2010 and now it won't be off until 2017!! Is there anything I can do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You need to re-read the FCRA! A judgment is listed for

(2) Civil suits, civil judgments, and records of arrest that from date of entry, antedate the report by more than seven years or until the governing statute of limitations has expired, whichever is the longer period.

SO you the date of entry (aka, date of filing) is the date to watch! It does not matter when it was PAID.

The only thing based on date of payment are TAX LIENS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.