J_Snow

CIC Chat Thread

xjawdropx

omg, so I guess there is no point in claiming sweet, innocent, etc.

xdrinkndropX

Hey Newbie!

I just finished 'Last Argument of Kings' from Abercrombie... the last 'First Law' book... and man-o-man... it was AMAZING!

The fight scenes were incredible and the plot twists... WHOA!

Abercrombie learned from GRRM!

Have you read the first two yet?

No. Haven't bought them yet. I've been reading like crazy though. Bought a bunch of books last time I was at Sam's. Mostly stuff like Robert Ludlam, Kathy Reichs, Jeffery Deaver, James Patterson, etc. Just finished a Leon Uris book "Redemption".

I was already planning on going to Borders today though so I'll pick up the first one. I was going to pick up "Twilight" to see what all the buzz is about, and I think the second Patrick Rothfuss book is out finally so I'll pick that one up too.

DH is irritated with me for all the reading, since I ignore everybody, but he just doesn't realize it's the only way I can maintain some semblance of sanity during the summer. :D

Ohh... I got the first Patrick Rothfuss book: The Name of the Wind.

Also picked up David Gemmel: Troy trilogy

and Richard Morgan: Altered Carbon

and Sergei Lukyanenko: Night watch/Day watch/Twilight Watch trilogy.

I've started Night Watch...

:)

I was wrong about the Rothfuss book being out, it's on preorder on Amazon. I bought the first two "First Law" books though.

I just finished "Twilight" now I'm sitting here having a fit wanting to go to Wally World to buy the next two that are already out. Shoulda known myself better when I was at the bookstore and bought the damn books this afternoon. I think DH's head might explode if I tell him I want to go buy even more books in the middle of the night. :lol:

I'll start the "First Law" series when I'm finished. ;)

I'll start the "First Law" series when I'm finished. ;)

I think You'll really enjoy it!

Sadly, I had borrowed book 3 and had to send it back... But its released here on 9/23/08

:)

Hey Newbie!

I just finished 'Last Argument of Kings' from Abercrombie... the last 'First Law' book... and man-o-man... it was AMAZING!

How'd you get it? Barnes & Noble told me that it didn't come out until Sept?

Guess you figured out that I finally read the first two. Hehe!

I borrowed it from a friend who got it from Amazon.co.uk He had another friend get it and then they shipped it to him here.

Are you liking the series?

Yo Newbie! Where you been?

HBO Exercised it's option for 'A Game of Thrones'!

They haven't green lighted the project yet-but they paid for it so that is a good sign!

OK. OK. OK. You found me! :lol:

Musey!!!! Seriously??? Near me?

Jay, I read that on some blog the other day. Too cool. Now if he'd only finally get around to finishing the series. :roll:

I also finally read "The Last Argument of Kings" this week. Enjoyed it. But I'm one of those that likes some kind of an ending. It felt more like a set up for future installments. But that's ok too.

OK. OK. OK. You found me! :lol:

Musey!!!! Seriously??? Near me?

Jay, I read that on some blog the other day. Too cool. Now if he'd only finally get around to finishing the series. :roll:

I also finally read "The Last Argument of Kings" this week. Enjoyed it. But I'm one of those that likes some kind of an ending. It felt more like a set up for future installments. But that's ok too.

I like how Bayaz turned out to be *NOT* the kindly old wizard!

LOL

I like how Bayaz turned out to be *NOT* the kindly old wizard!

LOL

Yea. There were definitely some whispers of that in the series, but totally took me by surprise how off he really was. Really great twist though. I was also saddened to see Jezal's ending. Didn't see it turning out that disturbingly pathetic. But like I said, it really left it wide open to include future installments, even though it is only supposed to be a trilogy.

So whatta reading now?

Did you EVER read the last Potter book? :roll:

Yea. There were definitely some whispers of that in the series, but totally took me by surprise how off he really was. Really great twist though. I was also saddened to see Jezal's ending. Didn't see it turning out that disturbingly pathetic. But like I said, it really left it wide open to include future installments, even though it is only supposed to be a trilogy.

So whatta reading now?

Did you EVER read the last Potter book? :roll:

I'm reading 'The Name of the Wind' by Patrick Rothfuss.

And no.

LOL

I'm reading 'The Name of the Wind' by Patrick Rothfuss.

And no.

LOL

I read that one last year. The second one was supposed to come out last year, if I'm remembering correctly, and last time I checked the new scheduled release date it's next April.

I bought a Terry Goodkind (? I think ?) book at a used bookstore I found the other day, but I haven't started it yet.

I bought a Terry Goodkind (? I think ?) book at a used bookstore I found the other day, but I haven't started it yet.

O.M.G.

Don't be lured into the darkness! :lol:

Haven't you read *anything* at the other board about Goodkind? There is ALWAYS a love/hate thread going on. But mostly everyone totally mocks his books.

soo... where my chatty peeps?