Missing Inquiries

I have heard about losing inquiries by using Truecredit. Just do daily pulls and that's it huh? Any danger of losing the tradeline that came out of that pull? Chase holds the paper for my new car loan. If that inquiry disappears is there any danger of losing the positive tradeline? Thanks.

Your answer is no. But, think about this for a moment....would ANYONE on this site encourage you to do ANYTHING that might cost you a good TL? :shock:

No not intentionally I am sure but I had heard this mentioned elsewhere so I thought I would get some feedback from more knowledgeable people than me.

It will not affect the TL, but you want to do a search for "split file". There is that danger. Have you tried simply disputing the inquiries that did not lead to new TL's?

Its not a problem at this point for me. There are six total on Equifax. Four the same day by the dealer where I bought my car.I think that only counts as one right? One is a store line of credit. The other is from Scottrade who curiously pulled a hard and a soft the same day. I opened a margin account so I guess they checked my credit even though I already had an account with them. But a hard and a soft pull the same day?

Most people want to dispute inquiries for a small score increase. Feh.

Some want to do it so they don't appear to have applied for as much credit as they have been.

However, over on CB, some people are discovering the downside to this: nowadays, the applications for Visa and Mastercard are now reporting separately to a different CRA tied into the network, and that lists all your names, addresses, application dates, etc.

So bumping inquiries off of TU/EQ isn't going to cut it any more.

• 3 weeks later...
I have heard about losing inquiries by using Truecredit. Just do daily pulls and that's it huh? Any danger of losing the tradeline that came out of that pull? Chase holds the paper for my new car loan. If that inquiry disappears is there any danger of losing the positive tradeline? Thanks.

No you cannot lose the TL. The way these inquiries drop is a method called bumping. It's dangerous and cause your cr's to split: a split file is not good.

If you only have a few (less than 6), why risk it? I can't see sweating the few points you would get unless you are just needing that extra push for a mortgage, or something. Otherwise, who the heck cares if you are at 642 or 645??

Some have been "bombed" by 20, 30 or more inquiries by unscrupulous finance brokers or went temporarily insane and applied for every credit under the moon and sun. "Bumping" can help bring these back down to a reasonable amount.

Then again, it only works with TU, some say maybe Eq - but never with Ex.

TU INQs can get bumped. It can take 4-6 weeks for bumpage to begin.

EQ INQs can get disputed away, so long as there is no TL associated with the INQ.

EX is a royal bear. I wrote the Fraud Department and disputed several INQs. Got one deleted. Others have gotten most of their INQs deleted this way.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showpost.php?p=752959&postcount=14