Cleaning up My Credit Help..Advice pls?

DisneyFan

I currently have been offered a great job, problem is that they ran a credit report "without" my authorization, though I had no problem I thought my credit was ok.

Well, I have a few charge offs in which I was an authorized user in some of these credit cards(bank of america, chase and Discover). I do remember these accounts and I helped pay for my own debts, apparently the other person did not and never paid their part.

I did not know this could affect me as I am only an authorized user...

Now, how can I fix this problem? My job is giving me only 30 days to either show some sort of letter of "working on it" or fix it.

I'm so desperate that I'm capable of even willing to negocitate these credit card accounts and pay them myself!

Any advice?

An employer van do whatever the want....

IIWYIW contact your friend to get your name removed, failing that, contact the OC to get your name removed, dispute with CRA as not mine.

Also, show employer that you were just an AU and they may drop the entire thing...

Many employers are running credit reports on prospective employees! :cry: Even if you were willing to pay, it will take more than 30 days to correct your report. I would suggest trying to contact the person on whose credit you were the authorized user and draft a letter showing they were responsible for the outstanding debt and get it notarized. :please: This should surfice your prospective employer as to who really owns the debt. This may take less time and money then trying to pay it yourself. Also, even if you do decide to pay it, it could still remain on your credit report unless you ask for, and they agree to, a PFD, pay for delete. xdeadhorsex