Truecredit cancels my account

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey if TC's *B* happens because of a TU storage issue, isn't it safe to assume that Chase's service will do the same thing????

Anyone know for sure?

*b* will continue to happen regardless of any service you use. If Chase allows daily pulls, they will also *b*. However, I wonder if management is the same for both TC and Chase? It seems as if it is, looks like Chase just piggybacks them.

LOL, here are the investigation results for my account.

You recently contacted our Customer Service department in regard to our notification that your TrueCredit membership and billing was being frozen due to excessive access to your account. As our customer service team communicated, our Compliance Department has reviewed your account in order to see if you qualified for reinstatement.

After a thorough investigation, it is our conclusion that your account should not be reinstated due to an access pattern which indicates potential fraud or a deliberate intent to tamper with the credit scoring system. Your access, billing and all account related email alerts have now permanently been terminated as a result.

While we regret any inconvenience this may cause you, it is our policy to protect the security and integrity of the credit reporting system.

TrueCredit Legal and Compliance Department

What dorks. 8-)

LOL, here are the investigation results for my account.

You recently contacted our Customer Service department in regard to our notification that your TrueCredit membership and billing was being frozen due to excessive access to your account. As our customer service team communicated, our Compliance Department has reviewed your account in order to see if you qualified for reinstatement.

After a thorough investigation, it is our conclusion that your account should not be reinstated due to an access pattern which indicates potential fraud or a deliberate intent to tamper with the credit scoring system. Your access, billing and all account related email alerts have now permanently been terminated as a result.

While we regret any inconvenience this may cause you, it is our policy to protect the security and integrity of the credit reporting system.

TrueCredit Legal and Compliance Department

What dorks. 8-)

I just got the EXACT same letter in my email today. What A-holes! And the last day that I was able to get a report before they did this, they placed a fraud alert on my reports. How do I get rid of that?

I just got the "cancellation" letter in my email followed by an email wanting to know why I didn't renew. My membership ran out yesterday, but transfered to Chase before that.

My sign on name on TC was different than what it is here, so I think they just dropped me because of the daily pulls.

Oh well. Change is sometimes good. I'm already seeing quicker alerts with Chase.

I just searched "inquiry bumping" on google, and you know I'm just shocked that there doesn't appear to ever have been a news article or expose on this at all. Not even with an underground news source.

How could something this big be kept from the media for so long as interesting as it is?

I wonder if there was a campaign of submitting it as a potential news story to all the major news outlets might bring some attention to this TC thing and give them some bad press.

Then again, that might even be dumber than even talking about it in a forum... obviously we want this ability as it comes in handy!

Hey Guys,

Well, I just read all the posts this morning and figured why wait for the True Credit Sniper to pick me off? I just called them and cancelled their "assets" before they can do it to me! I would have waited to see if I escape the targeted terminations here, but the whole fraud alert thing bugs me out a little bit.

Of course, the woman on the phone asked me "Don't you want to monitor your credit reports for inaccurate information? And you know you can check your reports daily, right?" The audacity....

Anyway, on to Chase. Do they have any deals or is it straight up full price from the get go? Chase actually called me a couple of weeks ago and offered me the service, but I didn't even entertain it cause I loved me some TC....

Ain't it somethin...

Have a good morning everybody!

Tones

Hey Guys,

Well, I just read all the posts this morning and figured why wait for the True Credit Sniper to pick me off? I just called them and cancelled their "assets" before they can do it to me! I would have waited to see if I escape the targeted terminations here, but the whole fraud alert thing bugs me out a little bit.

Of course, the woman on the phone asked me "Don't you want to monitor your credit reports for inaccurate information? And you know you can check your reports daily, right?" The audacity....

Anyway, on to Chase. Do they have any deals or is it straight up full price from the get go? Chase actually called me a couple of weeks ago and offered me the service, but I didn't even entertain it cause I loved me some TC....

Ain't it somethin...

Have a good morning everybody!

Tones

You should have called them out when they said, "you can pull daily".

chase is straight up 11.99 a month. No free trial, no extra fees. Noticed today on my CC statement chase billed me only 11.99 just like their site said :) TC was always 14.95 plus tax or something for me. turn out to be 15 dollars and some change. maybe it was a fee for using my checking account insted of plastic (had no plastic when I signed up)

chase is straight up 11.99 a month. No free trial, no extra fees. Noticed today on my CC statement chase billed me only 11.99 just like their site said :) TC was always 14.95 plus tax or something for me. turn out to be 15 dollars and some change. maybe it was a fee for using my checking account insted of plastic (had no plastic when I signed up)

I don't bump b'c 1) I don't have but 3 INQ and 2) I'm always afraid of a split file so I'm sure I'm not in danger, however, I might go to Chase just for the price difference! I especially will if I find out they changed my wife's walmart price without a notice.