Truecredit cancels my account

Add me to the list of those that had their TC memberships canceled. I got the email this morning.

Dear Soulthoughts,

Excessive access to a member's credit report can indicate potential fraud or an attempt to tamper with the credit scoring system.

Because we’ve noticed excessive access to your credit report, your service and billing have been suspended to ensure that your information remains safe and secure. Please be aware that this also cancels any email alerts that you usually receive.

To gain access to your account and resume service, please contact the Customer Service Team at (866) 215-0740 during the following hours: Monday through Friday: 9 AM- 5PM Pacific Time

TrueCredit

Manage your credit. Manage your life. (sm)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't bump b'c 1) I don't have but 3 INQ and 2) I'm always afraid of a split file so I'm sure I'm not in danger, however, I might go to Chase just for the price difference! I especially will if I find out they changed my wife's walmart price without a notice.

Big John,

I gotta tell you, I love the chase product. I just logged in and though they did ask like 5 id questions, the service is faster and cheaper than TC. The layout is almost identical, the download is faster, so in my view, TC did me a favor by making me jump ship. Same service, $5 cheaper a month? Why not?

This thing is definitely going to work out badly for TC, that is for sure....

Have a great weekend everybody!

Tones

signed up with www.chaseidentityprotection.com today, it's TC rebottled and sold under chase. While I had problems with blank reports with TC it's working GREAT with chase. and it's only 11.99 to boot :) I found the invite code on CB, I wish I had kept it for everyone here. but you can call them and get one.

found the code

Offer ID 509097

Merkurfan,

Thanks for putting the offer code up, btw. I spent about 10 mins looking in Google for the code and hello, it's right here, lol. Weird that you can't create an acct without one... Thanks for putting it up!

Take care,

Tones

What creeps...I cancel my account Sun 8/26, on Tues 8/28 they email me to both cancel me, then ask why I canceled myself, then on Wed 8/29, they charge my card $14.95. Ugggg. I was hoping not to have to call them about this. Whats worse is I have to wait until Tues to take care of it. :evil:

Okay. I've already displayed my lack of common sense in other threads, but I needed to ask here...

Can someone please PM me and explain to me this whole b* or *b (whichever is the proper symbol) actually is? I understand the concept that pulls = b*'s on TU, but I can't seem to figure out precisely how. Even just a one-liner with an explanation would help.

:lol:

Okay. I've already displayed my lack of common sense in other threads, but I needed to ask here...

Can someone please PM me and explain to me this whole b* or *b (whichever is the proper symbol) actually is? I understand the concept that pulls = b*'s on TU, but I can't seem to figure out precisely how. Even just a one-liner with an explanation would help.

:lol:

TU and EQ have a data limit for thier files. If you *b* what happens is that limit is eventually met and then it starts bumping off hard inq's. There is a risk of a split file though.

Okay, got that part. Now what is a split file, teacher John?

There is a slim chance that EQ will split your file, meaning, you will have two data files. Your scores will usually not be reported b/c there is not enough data, you will only see some TL's. You have to email and get it fixed, which I have not heard of anyone that hasn't been able to get it fixed.

For me, 1) I don't have many INQ's and 2) not worth the risk.

:goodluck:

There is a slim chance that EQ will split your file, meaning, you will have two data files. Your scores will usually not be reported b/c there is not enough data, you will only see some TL's. You have to email and get it fixed, which I have not heard of anyone that hasn't been able to get it fixed.

For me, 1) I don't have many INQ's and 2) not worth the risk.

:goodluck:

Well I have no INQ's on EQ. I managed to get those all taken off of the report. However, I do have quite a few on TU. Hmph. I didn't even realize that I was doing it by pulling my report. Now I'm just going to pretend like I don't know any of this information, therefore I'm not really doing it. It's happening on accident. 8]

I contacted True credit because I could not get to my TU report. There is a fraud alert on my file because I recieved a letter stating that my personal information was sold. I was told that I already had an account with them. I explained that I did not have an account and need the information to be deleted so that I could access my information. I was told that I would have to verify some personal information. I was asked some questions which I did not know the answers too since someone else opened the account. I was then told that since I did not know the answers that the account would be locked forever and that I could never go through True Credit again. I asked how would I know the answers when it was part of identity theft.

I have True Credit since July 2007 paying 14.95 a month but have notice that every time i checked my credit reports they're always the same, nothing new appears on them, why? and my fako scores are always the same, now I know this cant be correct because since July 07 Ive opened five new accounts (probaly not a great idea) and not one of them have shown up on my reports on True Credit, the whole point of paying for a monitoring service is to keep track of my fako scores, just to have some idea on how my credit repair is going but Ive not seen any changes good or bad? Does anyone know why? do they only give you one show of your reports and your scores from the day you paid or what? I thought this was a monthly thing? havent notice if theyve charged my account for August or September but I dont want to keep using this service if it doesnt show updates. :-(

I have True Credit since July 2007 paying 14.95 a month but have notice that every time i checked my credit reports they're always the same, nothing new appears on them, why? and my fako scores are always the same, now I know this cant be correct because since July 07 Ive opened five new accounts (probaly not a great idea) and not one of them have shown up on my reports on True Credit, the whole point of paying for a monitoring service is to keep track of my fako scores, just to have some idea on how my credit repair is going but Ive not seen any changes good or bad? Does anyone know why? do they only give you one show of your reports and your scores from the day you paid or what? I thought this was a monthly thing? havent notice if theyve charged my account for August or September but I dont want to keep using this service if it doesnt show updates. :-(

Were you clicking the link to update your reports or scores?

I just noticed that True Credit charged me $14.95 instead of the $11.21 through Walmart. When I called them, they told me I needed to call Walmart and they would tell me why they bumped up the charge. I told them I wasn't calling Walmart since True Credit placed the charge on my account. I told them that as far as I was concerned, they could cancel the service and refund my money. Well they couldn't do that either; I would have to call Walmart to get a credit. I told them they put the charge on my account, not Walmart. And I told them that if they didn't cancel the service and refund my money, I would dispute the charge with my bank. I also told them that in the past they've been able to issue credits. The first month I started with them, they charged $14.95 even though I had gone through Walmart for $11.21. The woman I spoke to at that time was able to find the link for Walmart and issued a credit. They ended up refunding the $3.74 and leaving the account active for one more month. And I've only been pulling the report about once a week. No allegations of "fraud" for daily pulling.

I just noticed that True Credit charged me $14.95 instead of the $11.21 through Walmart. When I called them, they told me I needed to call Walmart and they would tell me why they bumped up the charge. I told them I wasn't calling Walmart since True Credit placed the charge on my account. I told them that as far as I was concerned, they could cancel the service and refund my money. Well they couldn't do that either; I would have to call Walmart to get a credit. I told them they put the charge on my account, not Walmart. And I told them that if they didn't cancel the service and refund my money, I would dispute the charge with my bank. I also told them that in the past they've been able to issue credits. The first month I started with them, they charged $14.95 even though I had gone through Walmart for $11.21. The woman I spoke to at that time was able to find the link for Walmart and issued a credit. They ended up refunding the $3.74 and leaving the account active for one more month. And I've only been pulling the report about once a week. No allegations of "fraud" for daily pulling.

I don't even know when my wifes account is going to come due, but I'm going to go ahead and cancel for this same reason. she's got the Walmart discount and if they aren't going to honor it, i'm outta here!

Any that has changed the billing method to all zero's, has that worked for not getting billed again?